• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch bolt

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
I bought a used 22 Boost. Before installing the new track, I pulled the primary cleaned it up and installed new weights and spring. Torqued the bolt to 110 ft-lbs and went for a short rip. When I got back, I put the torque wrench on the bolt and it had loosened up probably 1/3-1/2 turn on the wrench. Swapped the track, took it for a rip, came back and it took probably 1/4 turn on the wrench. Each short ride was less than 1/2 mile. Do I need the other bolt that gets torqued
to 140 ft-lbs and a new primary bolt? Any other suggestions?

C
Dec 14, 2020
Depends.

The best fix is a P85 and getting both clutches balanced with an adjuster in the secondary.

On the P22, constant re-torque is the only thing that keeps them together until the bolt fails. I'd grab a new bolt and keep checking it.

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
In the last Muskoka video, Jason's P-22 flew off with the bolt breaking off in the crank. They were saying that the Polaris fix requires maintenance as in retorque bolt every other ride, then replacing bolt after so many rides?

J
Nov 25, 2019
In the last Muskoka video, Jason's P-22 flew off with the bolt breaking off in the crank. They were saying that the Polaris fix requires maintenance as in retorque bolt every other ride, then replacing bolt after so many rides?
I believe it was one of their riding buddies, not Polaris, that said he retorques every second ride and and replaces after 500miles

Premium Features