• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wells Cargo vs Haulmark...

8hundo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 7, 2001
Sturgis, SD
I've decided to finally pull the trigger on a 4 place enclosed- thinking 27'. I have narrowed it down to these 2 brands of steel trailers (can't afford aluminum). I am looking for good-bad experiences, what you'd do differently or the same if you had it to do all over again, good features to have, what is not worth the money, warranty issues, etc., etc. Lets hear it.

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
i bought an 02 27' wellscargo....good trailer....i live near the manufacterer in ogden, utah.....they always take good care of me, lights etc. and anything that needs to be fixed, they do it, many times after the warranty was out....i use mine a LOT, like 2-3 times a week, 3 hrs per trip, lots of salt and sand on our roads here...overall has held up very well.......replaced brakes after 4 years, put extra diamond plate on areas where road sand was getting to it...i also rhino lined the inside and the doors also, then put some of that hard plastic (EZ-glide?) where the skiis would beat the inside floor...many years of hard use, and still perfect conditiion....

U
Dec 2, 2007
I have a haulmark, not all that impressed with the build quality. I have led lights and like them alot better. I also went with steel because of cost, but i would definatley consider aluminum. Lighter and might be easier on tires. I also considered making it shorter than standard 6 ft interior, wish I would have done that. For what little you are inside it, it doesn't need to be that high. I think haveing it shorter would make it pull much easier. I also bought one that is 8.5 ft with the wheels on the sides and going into the trailer. This makes it far easier to load that the standard snowmobile trailer that has the wheels under the floor and are higher off the ground. I think mine is a 24 ft trailer and I can get 5 151 sleds in with ease. hope all that helps.

Premium Features