• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Weak spark 900

P
Jan 18, 2013
sweden
Hi and hello
I have been having troubles with my switchback for some time now but now i think it has gone to far

The sled barely ran, got it into my garage and cleaned exhaust valves but now it wont run at all, i have a tiny tiny really weak and barely visible spark but not at every pull :-S what could be wrong?

So far i have replaced capacitator, voltage regulator, ignition coils, sparkplugs and cdi but still the same weak spark :-S now im about ready to burn my sled :-( please help
Thanks

C

cpx1000

Oct 24, 2013
UT
do yourself a huge favor and go to tradebit.com and download the factory service manual for this sled. it'll cost you 5-10 dollars (US) and it will become your new bible page 13.36 details the procedure for testing your stator. if it doesn't exactly meet the values listed there then replace it

P
Jan 18, 2013
sweden
do yourself a huge favor and go to tradebit.com and download the factory service manual for this sled. it'll cost you 5-10 dollars (US) and it will become your new bible page 13.36 details the procedure for testing your stator. if it doesn't exactly meet the values listed there then replace it

Okay so i tested the stator and it turned out to be bad, replaced it and there is still a very weak spark so now im wondering if it might be something wrong with the cables is there any known bad connectors or ground trouble that could cause my troubles?

C

cpx1000

Oct 24, 2013
UT
often times high load electrical componets such as a stator will burn up the actual wires. check for good continuity on all wires from the stator. they should all be about the same if you find one or two with less continuity then you found where the voltage drop is occurring replace those wires also clean and tighten the pins in all the connectors

P
Jan 18, 2013
sweden
Sigh!
got sick of my sled and put it away during the summer but now its time again��

So checked for crappy wires and stuff like that without results but found one thing i thought was weird, i have about 16volts to the coils when pulling so how come i still dont get a spark?
Please help i cant stand another year riding 'doo

Premium Features