• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Use MPI s/c inter cooler for stock intake Nytro

M
Sep 30, 2020
So I blew my MPI supercharger on my Yamaha Nytro (which sent pieces into my intake, sticking a valve but that’s a different story) and am in the process of converting the motor back to stock NA. I do not want to have to buy a new air box and am wondering if there are any problems with just using the MPI intercooler and plumbing a connection to my intake pod (instead of the sc blower) plus blocking off the blow off valve…

any suggestions would be great! Thanks

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
Gonna be a 1000 Stock Ariboxes lying around with all the boosted efforts the past 15 years. Im sure you could find one. I likely threw 3 away tho.....sorry.

S
So I blew my MPI supercharger on my Yamaha Nytro (which sent pieces into my intake, sticking a valve but that’s a different story) and am in the process of converting the motor back to stock NA. I do not want to have to buy a new air box and am wondering if there are any problems with just using the MPI intercooler and plumbing a connection to my intake pod (instead of the sc blower) plus blocking off the blow off valve…

any suggestions would be great! Thanks

Do you know why it blew? How many miles are on it? What year is the nytro?

I'm trying to decide if I should get a nytro with a supercharger. Your input would be great, thanks.

Premium Features