• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Updating my '07 600 RMK 144" to 155x2.4" or 159x2.25"??

G
Sep 19, 2008
So I want a bit more track on my new (to me) 2007 600 RMK 144", and it seems like there are two economical options:

a.) find a takeoff 155x2.4 track and maybe even rails and use stock Polaris gearing, clutching, etc. for the 155x2.4"
b.) Tracks USA has a crazy cheap proce for rail extensions and a takeoff 159x2.25" Series IV track package.

Obviosuly I'll extend the tunnel either way, but I was wondering what y'all (who have WAY more experience with these sleds than me), would say about the performance differences of the slightly shorter track with deeper lugs vs. the longer track with slightly shorter lugs with this machine.

I'm not a hill climber, but I do like to play around, get into tight terrain and most often ride in deep, light snow here in SW Montana. I'm 6'1" and 200 lbs.

I'll be gearing and clutching for more grunt either way. No engine mods--stock reliability is the whole point of this sled, after riding a mod sled for the last five years.

OK...go :)
Thanks for your opinions.

L
Oct 19, 2012
Norway
I think that i would have gone with the 159" track since that seems to be cheapest, there is a minimal difference in the lug heigth (3,8mm) and you get 2" more track on the ground.

I belive that you can use the original 155 setup in clutching and gearing as a starting point when you setup your sled to be 159, since the slightly longer track i belive will have about the same resistance as the 155 with alittle bigger lugs.

Sorry for bad formulated English, I´m from Norway :p

S
Dec 24, 2012
For my 2 cents I wouldn't change it I just sold my 2008 600 with a 155 and I always wanted a little shorter track I felt there wasn't enough power to spin the track when you got in the deep.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I think the 600 has plenty of power to pull either track.

The 159" would be the same pitch as your 144" so you could keep your current drivers. The 155" has a 2.86 pitch and would need different drivers to make it work.

I would keep my eyes open for a 155" take out skid if that is your route, or the extensions should be fine for the 159" but TracksUSA might have the nice ones that also extend the hyfax.

Premium Features