• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Underarmour Cold Gear ??

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I have coldgear also.

IT's fine unless it gets REALLY cold. Then it's not so warm.
I do better with my Hot Chillis on the coldest day. Or my Duofold union suit. LOL

UA coldgear goes way AGAINST conventional wisdom though.
You are supposed to have loose fitting clothing to create a warm air pocket...if your clothes are stuck tight to your skin, not so much air to warm in there.

C
Oct 1, 2009
Spo Valley
Another Under Armour believer here! I wear it at work. Long sleeve mock-neck,short-sleeve uniform shirt and a light fleece pullover with summer weight uniform pants. When the temp starts getting into the "teens" I wear the UA base-layer pants too. The UA is perfect for me because I'm in the truck for 5-10 minutes, then outside for 2-5 minutes, then back in the truck for 5-10 then....you get the idea. The UA keeps my body temp regulated so I'm not holt/cold/hot etc.
Odd thing is at first it actually feels like it's not keeping you warm but then you realize you're not cold either.

S
Dec 27, 2007
Redmond, WA
A lot of times a T-shirt/UA Cold Gear/Jacket shell is all I wear (WA passes usually 25-30 degrees) and it works awesome. For work its awesome when you're going in and out of cold weather.

L
Jul 18, 2001
WA
Under Armour

Under Armour works great, I sometimes wear the soccer version and they make many other styles for many different sports. Check out their website.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
I have coldgear also.

IT's fine unless it gets REALLY cold. Then it's not so warm.
I do better with my Hot Chillis on the coldest day. Or my Duofold union suit. LOL

UA coldgear goes way AGAINST conventional wisdom though.
You are supposed to have loose fitting clothing to create a warm air pocket...if your clothes are stuck tight to your skin, not so much air to warm in there.

I think they now have different weights of UA for varying temps and activity level.

I wish they had a looser fit, after a long day I need to get out of them, if they were a bit looser I would be set.

Do they make a cold gear shirt that isn't a mock T, I hate the neck coming up and being so tight on my neck, I just want a normal collar.

M
I think they now have different weights of UA for varying temps and activity level.

I wish they had a looser fit, after a long day I need to get out of them, if they were a bit looser I would be set.

Do they make a cold gear shirt that isn't a mock T, I hate the neck coming up and being so tight on my neck, I just want a normal collar.

Don't know if this will help you out it your search.
http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/...&cl=&pr=-1,-1&ft=&sl=&sz=&sort=normal&lr=page

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
Not a fan of UA. Lot's of folks swear by it but I always feel clammy. Granted I don't get cold but I never feel comfortable in it either.

Smartwool on the other hand...all win, all day.

Boone, spray your feet with anti-perspirant. Seriously. I have sweaty feet too and it works like a champ.

B
Nov 26, 2007
North Vancouver
HMK Boots + Clutch heat = Wet Left Foot.

Goretex Socks.

Not the most comfortable things to wear, but the only thing that works with those boots.

I wear the Klim sock, with the Gore-Tex Sock over it, and then put on the boot.

Dry feet.

A
Mar 24, 2009
Pierce,ID
love it just wear it and jacket and keeps me plenty warm:beer;:beer;:beer;

2000 mtn max hauck triple pipes. shaved head .mpi transferenhancement, 156" camoplast challenger and Boss seat

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
for the past 2 seasons i have worn a mx shell suit with underarmour long sleeve with another normal longsleeve shirt on top then just underarmour bottoms and sweats. the entire setup for underarmour and suit was under 200 bucks, i've rode in conditions with as low as -40 windchill. and compared to my expensive and bulky yamaha suit i had. I have yet to complain. Note: i rode in those conditions on phazer with no wind protection! UA is flat out worth every buck. will not ride without it again.

N
Dec 23, 2008
Worland, Wy
Under armor cold gear is amazing. i wore it playing football in high school. Now i use it for hunting and snowmobiling. The only thing that gets me is the neck area is kinda tight. The long johns under armor makes is great as well but they ankle parts starts to ride up after a while so i just tape it to my feet. Someone said they use heat gear as well. That probably works good on warm days but those are kinda meant to keep you cool. just my .02.

Premium Features