• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"Ultimate Tow Rig" to be featured in Mounain Mod Mania 9

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
So he could enter the tackiest truck competition? Tinted windshield on something you're gonna drive through a snow-storm on unplowed mountain roads at night....are you nuts?[/QUOTE

not to mention at least up here in canada a tinted windsheild will get you a ticket from cops and you'll be forced to take it off anyways. doesn't sound like a good mod.

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
So he could enter the tackiest truck competition? Tinted windshield on something you're gonna drive through a snow-storm on unplowed mountain roads at night....are you nuts?[/QUOTE

not to mention at least up here in canada a tinted windsheild will get you a ticket from cops and you'll be forced to take it off anyways. doesn't sound like a good mod.

it's illegal here too. I know a couple people that have it done very well though so you can't tell unless you really know what your looking for, and cops around here don't have a clue what they're looking for

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership

So do you know anyone with a tinted windshield that has gotten a ticket?
They are illegal in Utah, but between the 25 of my buddies with them, 1 of us has gotten a ticket for it, and he's driving a Black Jeep with all the windows extremely dark so he sticks out like crazy.

I don't understand why peep's are talking so much smack on this idea when THEY HAVE NEVER SEEN THROUGH A TINTED WINDSHIELD!!!

50% sounds dark but it is hardly any tint at all, just enough to protect the dash from UV and reduce the extreme glare you get when driving on those sunny days through snow covered areas.

Just give it a chance people!

Last edited:

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
So do you know anyone with a tinted windshield that has gotten a ticket?
They are illegal in Utah, but between the 25 of my buddies with them, 1 of us has gotten a ticket for it, and he's driving a Black Jeep with all the windows extremely dark so he sticks out like crazy.

I don't understand why peep's are talking so much smack on this idea when THEY HAVE NEVER SEEN THROUGH A TINTED WINDSHIELD!!!

50% sounds dark but it is hardly any tint at all, just enough to protect the dash from UV and reduce the extreme glare you get when driving on those sunny days through snow covered areas.

Just give it a chance people!

i don't know anyone who has, i lived in city that was full of all kinds of done up vehicles and have never even seen or known a vehicle to have front window tint nor i have never heard of any shop up here doing it for that matter. i use to have a little truck with all the dark tint. but never would tint front window, reduces vision at night would make driving at dusk terrible.

If its sunny just use that lil flapper on the roof it works pretty well at blocking any sunlight, if all else fails there are these things called sunglasses does the same thing as winsheild tint, they usually look cool and its legal! :face-icon-small-win

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
i don't know anyone who has, i lived in city that was full of all kinds of done up vehicles and have never even seen or known a vehicle to have front window tint nor i have never heard of any shop up here doing it for that matter. i use to have a little truck with all the dark tint. but never would tint front window, reduces vision at night would make driving at dusk terrible.

If its sunny just use that lil flapper on the roof it works pretty well at blocking any sunlight, if all else fails there are these things called sunglasses does the same thing as winsheild tint, they usually look cool and its legal! :face-icon-small-win

Well that city you lived in must not have trucks done up right :)

I would bet 25$ you would not be able to tell a windshield was tinted! Next time your in Salt Lake you will have to take me up on this bet.

You just don't even know on the goodness you are missing out on!

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
i think 500-1000hp daily driver diesels are would be condsidered done right:face-icon-small-win
I wouldn't doubt that there are tinted windows down in salt lake, but i'll bet you 25 bucks that you won;t find tinted windows up here, except for maybe the odd ricer in the big cities.

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
i think 500-1000hp daily driver diesels are would be condsidered done right:face-icon-small-win
I wouldn't doubt that there are tinted windows down in salt lake, but i'll bet you 25 bucks that you won;t find tinted windows up here, except for maybe the odd ricer in the big cities.

Ricers aren't smart enough to have tinted windshields!
Next time you are in Salt Lake we will have to meet up, I'm getting my 25$!!!!!

I keep forgetting you are a Canadian, this all makes sense now! :whoo:

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
my buddy had a black dmax with tinted windshield and it did look pretty cool. couldnt see a difference from inside but it was just a little darker from the outside. Back to the thread, I also think you should put a mobile satellite dish on the roof, screens in the headrest, center of dash, and in front of front passenger.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
yeah screens are sweet, we watched burandts videos in my buddies pickup all the way to the parking lot in my buddies 10 dodge this morning. I saw on the web somewhere where someon put a 14" screen in the dash in front of the passenger on an 08 or 9. it was pretty nice looking, and all passengers could see it. A backup camera on the rear of the trailer would be handy too. maybe one inside the trailer so you know whos sled is doing whos, and which sled is losing the most paint haha

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
got 5 screens and 2 dvd players in my truck. sunvisor screens, head rest screwwns and 7" deck

D

Doc Zoom

Nov 26, 2007
Helena, Montana
www.mountainmodmania.com
PowerLabs Diesel Power Upgrades!

Took the truck into PowerLabs Diesel in Idaho Falls on Wednesday for a much needed tune up!
http://www.powerlabsdiesel.com
We first ran the 1/4 mile stock and it ran like a 18.73 if I remember right, then we dyno'd it and it made 345HP stock. First up the H&S MiniMax tuner.
http://www.hsperformance.com/
This bumped the HP to 405 with all the emission stuff in place a nice 60HP gain!
We then put the truck on the hoist, removed the turbo down pipe, DPF and catalytic converter and installed a test pipe (this is for off road use only!)
While the truck was in the air we installed some really cool Amp-Research electric steps.
http://www.amp-research.com/
And we also installed a new Titan Fuel tank with a 52 gallon capacity.
http://www.titanfueltanks.com/
To make sure we can feed the Cummins we also installed an Air Dog II fuel pump.
http://www.pureflowairdog.com/
This pump filters out harmful debris and takes the air and water out of the fuel for better performance and mileage!
Back on the dyno, the truck made 484HP and we then ran the 1/4 mile over 2 seconds quicker!
On my run down to Powerlabs, I got just 14MPG at 75MPH and on the return trip the truck pulled 17MPG! I also double checked the trucks mileage indicator to see if it matched my hand calculated number and it did!
Thanks to Brent, Josh and Bryce for a job well done!
We plan on putting a high flow intake, SnowPerformance methanol injection and a few other goodies to boost the power to over 500HP!
Here's some pics!
IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

Last edited:

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
Greg,

That thing is looking good! I like all the mods your doing! Really and Awesome build!!! But you forgot a number when you posted above. 484 Horsepower is nice but Where are the Torque numbers?!! It's a diesel so we NEED torque numbers :)

D

Doc Zoom

Nov 26, 2007
Helena, Montana
www.mountainmodmania.com
They couldn't get the rpm sensor working so no torque numbers this time.
We have a few more mods to make and hopefully they will have it working by then. The truck is alot more drivable now, not a race car but at least it gets out of its own way! Still needs to be reliable!
Got some more goodies coming, I'll keep you posted!
Doc

W
Sep 15, 2008
Spokane, Wa
I bet she pulls nice. Now they need to put the frame on hydrolic rams so you can shorten and lengthen at the push of a button! some sort of telescoping box, short in town, long on the highway...lol

D

Doc Zoom

Nov 26, 2007
Helena, Montana
www.mountainmodmania.com
I've got that feature on my sled. A knob on the dash controls what length track, from 121-174, just by turning it. The second knob controls whether the track is studded for 1" paddles or 3" paddles, pretty cool!:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features