• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"Ultimate Tow Rig" to be featured in Mounain Mod Mania 9

D

Doc Zoom

Nov 26, 2007
Helena, Montana
www.mountainmodmania.com
This is the "Ultimate Tow Rig" project that will be featured in Mountain Mod Mania 9. Picked up the new 2011 Mega at Larry Miller in SLC and the first thing I did was take it to Precision Body Line, the guys with www.longbedmytruck.com in North Salt Lake and had them put a real bed on the ultimate truck! You can only get a 6' bed on MegaCabs and these guys cut and lengthen the frame and install an 8' bed, now this is a TRUCK!
IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

LongBedA.jpg

SIMG_0035.jpg

Here's the install video!

http://vimeo.com/18651325

These guys are also avid snowmobilers, met them at the Fairview Shoot Out last year!
Look them up at:
http://www.longbedmytruck.com
Or give them a call at 801-397-0581

Next up: PowerLabs in Idaho Falls will be putting in a much needed tune up in this truck! H&S is providing the tuner and hopefully we can pick up some horsepower and mileage....stay tuned!

Last edited:
S

SNAFU

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary
That thing is crazy long. I would have prefered a long bed too, but I still have to drive and park in the city.

I have a 2008 with a H&S minimax and with EGR and DPF delete. What a difference. You will love the increase in fuel economy and performance. If you have a 6 speed auto, I recommend getting the Overdrive transmission tune as well. It raises the shift points so the motor doesn't lug as much and the line pressure is increased with firmer shifts. I tow everything with 60 HP tune and love it.

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
cool mod. hate the short bed with a cab longer then the bed, but love the 4 door truck. much nicer to have the full size bed. who ever painted the box piced the wrong paint varriant, slightly darker

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
It's needs some nice tinted windows and a 50% tinted windshield. Tinting the windshield on my car is one of the best mods ever.

Mamba M3 20" wheels would look primo.

Put Goodyear wrangler duratracs on it, the tire for the true snow dawg. If you want close to a 35" tire you'll need to get the LT325/65-20 (it might be 325/60-20). It's the largest duratrac Goodyear makes. Hands down the best AT/MT ever!!!!

7" Alpine DVD deck w/ backup camera and what not, Sirius XM subscription would be nice. The you could listen to DR Laura on the way home from mobbing pow.

Air Bags on the rear axle.

HID headlights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Order from www.vvme.com

Smoked LED Tail lights and 3rd brake light.

Snowmobile tracks cut down and used for mudflaps.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
looks good greg, seen it around town a couple times. Im thinkin you should do a six inch longarm procomp lift, better ride than stocks, and some Carli progressive leafs in back with some long travel airbags, remote reservoir shocks. You said you are building the ultimate truck right? It probably already has the indash screen so you can get the Lock Pick to allow dvd viewing while driving. H and S mini maxx, I would stick with 4" exhaust to keep the drone down, i hate my drone, put in a Black ops diesel wastegate to save the head gasket due to and inefficient turbo. Also take a serious look at Nitto Tires, I have had three sets, 35 or bigger, and have got 50k out of each set, on a cummins. They are extremely quiet, get real good traction, and most are E rated. wow, i pretty much just listed everything to make my pickup exactly what i want. Call me if you got any questions. Merry Christmas

N
Nov 26, 2007
Chinook Pass, Wa
Looks good Greg, now when you get all the power workin, bring up to me so I can put a Pac Brake diesel exhaust brake on it. They work great for slowing down those heavy loads and they come with on-board air set-up too. I've also got S&B intakes and full Amsoil synthetics too!

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
It's needs some nice tinted windows and a 50% tinted windshield. Tinting the windshield on my car is one of the best mods ever.

HID headlights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Order from www.vvme.com

Smoked LED Tail lights and 3rd brake light.

Snowmobile tracks cut down and used for mudflaps.

So he could enter the tackiest truck competition? Tinted windshield on something you're gonna drive through a snow-storm on unplowed mountain roads at night....are you nuts?

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Nice truck, way to long tho. And what a sled tow truck needs is a set of studded blizzaks,14000 pound winch, air lockers front and rear good set of crossbar chains,800 ft lbs torque and none of the lifted/tinted/24's/leds/chrome ect ect ect...

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
So he could enter the tackiest truck competition? Tinted windshield on something you're gonna drive through a snow-storm on unplowed mountain roads at night....are you nuts?

Have you ever looked through a tinted windshield at night? You can't really say that it would be hard to see through if you've never witnessed it your self.

Every person that gets in my car cannot tell the wind shield is tinted, i even forget sometimes.

In some states windshields are allowed to have 50% tint.

You just are missing out on the awesomeness of tint on the windshield, did I mention it's 100% UV protection for that expensive new dash board and that it's extremely hard for people to see inside the cab of your truck?

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
With dodge now offering a true "Crew Cab" with a factory long bed it makes this conversion a bit out ouf line as far price.

How much does this conversion cost typically? the raw steel can't be much, mostly labor and the new Dodge bed incur the most cost. For some people I would think It would be a good option if it isnt too spendy to do. I have a 2006 Mega Cab with 118,000ish miles on it, so finding a newer pickup might be considerably expensive. Diesel just needs to go to $4.65 a gallon again and then we can buy diesels cheap again :face-icon-small-win

Premium Features