• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Performance in Canada

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
Ride'm cowboy!!!!! YeeHaw

That looks sweet!! and you know the camera never does it justice.

As far as the clutching goes. Everybody has a Opinion. We send out a not to radical setup. Sure there is room to work on this according to to where you ride and how you like your sled set up. We can send out anything that you want just tell us your specs and we will hook you up.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
so with 210 hp on 10 lbs boost, you would be close to 230hp at 12-13lbs... so what is the longativity of the motor at this hp, has there been guys running 1500 miles with this setup, with out issue??

will pistons need to be replaced yearly, will the stock cooling system handle the extra heat the motor makes, how are the chasses handling that power, is their braces needed for the secondary

thanks

H

High Roller

I would run a clutch bracket on all xps, replacing pistons every season would good preventive maintenance, I run a turbo head which cools better then the factory head, also run a t-stat housing with a lower t-stat to help keep the motor cool, rear skid shocks or skid is a nice upgrade for the power, I know a 07 rev with over 3500miles under boost with just new pistons at the begining of the season.

The garrett turbo makes about 10hp per pound of boost.:face-icon-small-hap

Trevor

so with 210 hp on 10 lbs boost, you would be close to 230hp at 12-13lbs... so what is the longativity of the motor at this hp, has there been guys running 1500 miles with this setup, with out issue??

will pistons need to be replaced yearly, will the stock cooling system handle the extra heat the motor makes, how are the chasses handling that power, is their braces needed for the secondary

thanks

H

High Roller

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
no kidding, looks like they all come flying into the top then just flip over... need some tractor weights for the nose!!

The turbo XP's are definately interesting looking... might have to look into one in the next year or two!!

M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
from watching the video it seemed to be going just as fast as that tapex

H

High Roller

Turbo Kits

I know that lots of guys are still waiting on turbo kits here in Canada, heres the deal. I am willing to help in any which way a guy needs to get there turbo kit installed and working. If guys want to bring the sled to the shop, or even willing to stop by guys garages to help with the install and set-up. Kits and all other parts are in stock.​

Trevor​

Will have two boosted xps in Valemount this coming Friday.​

Last edited:
M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
see ya there..

lets hope for some fresh this week its pretty pounded out

S
Aug 17, 2009
Sounds very interesting!! I was considering an aerocharger for my XP as I thought the Garret was a little more complicated to install but I may have to give ya a call there. Nice to have somepone closer to Edmonton!

M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
who cares. its a 174"

no ones saying the apex isnt a monster its just nice a turbo xp can hang with it.

50 shot or 70 shot its just to show a comparison.

F
Nov 11, 2009
Morinville, AB
the xp had no mid or bottom range it only ran when it was full throttle... that sled can not hang with that apex not a chance

You obviously didn't take it for a rip then!? I took it for a rip today and would have to disagree with your comments.

I made a few pulls up a nice hill...bottom, mid, top end, didn't matter, the thing rips and the higher and steeper the hill got, the faster the machine went.

Nice to see that someone managed to get a turbo xp 800 working so well, so next year I'm gonna have one! Either that or I'm hoping Trev gets the 860 Turbo built!!

I guess I'll have to settle with the litte 'ole 15:1 860 for the rest or this season :face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features