• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Performance in Canada

C

champyfz450

Jan 13, 2009
Fort McMurray
Couldnt take it out for a rip if i wanted too... heard the news ****tay that it blew up... i guess thats what happens if you add boost to a bombi... if you want to ride reliable with boost get a cat...

dude you mind telling us why you came in ragging on this thread?

H

High Roller

So the ride was awesome, some guys got to see the turbo xp and ride it. The sled plain rips. Drag race up some good pulls against a front mount apex. Im sure he will comfirm the out come to all on here. The Xp is crazy fast! And yes it has lots of bottom and mid. That was just a quick fix with jetting. 10psi the sled is a weapon. On the last day i did have some issues not to do with the turbo kit. Lost a ring, on the mag side. Rkt dual ring pistons, dont like 15psi of boost. lol...... The sled has a new 860 motor waiting to be installed and will be at the big iron shootout. For guys want to turbo a xp, I have the set up that works. Just stay with the cast pistons. lol

H

High Roller

video

02-15-2010, 07:56 PM
FarFrmStock
user_offline.gif

Currently: Not set.
Free Basic Member
red_left.png
red.png
red_right.png
grey_left.png
grey.png
grey_right.png
green_left.png
green.png
green_right.png
reputation_pos.gif

icon10.gif
XP 800 Turbo Performance in Canada (Video)
Well, I got my 860BB dialed in good in the last few days and I got to ride with Trevor from Highroller Customs and his XP 800 Turbo!
I took it for a few pulls and all I can say is "HOLY S*#T!" It was running at about 10psi and what an arm stretcher!
Here are a few video's that I got of Trevor on his XP Turbo and Gerry on his Apex Turbo.
They lined up twice on a decent size hill and the XP had the Apex by 1-2 sled lengths BOTH times. Unfortunately I didn't get those on video but I still got some good shots. XP at 10psi and Apex at 12psi.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ji4m52UJsE
08' F6
Rate this post: |

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
whoo: Good Job Trevor. nice video. You know that the camera never does anything justus but That turbo is rockin.

I think that Highroller customs and Turbo performance will be a great mix. Give Trevor a call he can take care of all you XP needs. Also he is a stocking dealer for TP kits.

Maybe we will have to have a turbo performance customer day and pull everyone together for some fun in the snow!

Great Video :whoo:whoo:whoo:

X

XP2009

Sep 10, 2009
Trevor you better have that 860 T up and runnin for our trip to big iron. LOL. Cant wait to try it out. Congrats on dialing that puppy in.

T

Todd H

Nov 27, 2007
Turbo Performance rocking....

I've continued to have great success with my kit as well. Although I'm running the Aero kit, it has shown the same type of capabilities and overall happy with it.

I am finding the following:

1)the track speed is not where I think it should be with the factory clutches. It seems to be hitting a wall of 55 to 58 mph in steep, 2 to 3 feet set-up snow (basically the snow pack in the valemont / Mcbride area right now). My other sled will pull 70-75 mph (Turbo 900 BB doo with P-85/Team sec.). Starting to sound like the factory clutch is starting to fall apart on this XP.

2)Also, trying to determine if the knock sensor is going off at times ( not from detenation, but just getting messed up) Not sure.....

3)charge tube temp - gets VERY hot. Would love to reduce this some how.

Anyways, I will be at the BIS as well, would like to compare the auto vs the 66 aero. If you do get the 860 together we could compare to my 900 ( if I can get it running in time) if you like. Finally there is starting to be a few doo's out there rocking turbos.

This sure is addicting...

Cheers

H

High Roller

If everything works as planned it should be a good time. Im running the factory secondary with over 70mph track speeds. Also have the det. sensor turned off. Rev limit to 9500rpm, timing at 8000rpm 2deg advanced. lol I know less timing for boost but it works! Doo is all over with the timing on factory sleds. Going to try a 2.5 charge tube on the 860, the 800 isnt bad if you keep the boost a 10 psi.

T

Todd H

Nov 27, 2007
My sled was pulling 65 ish to start, but has backed off. Maybe I need to take alook inside...

I have the timing advanced 3 degrees on the 900 too.

How do you turn the deto senser off? also, raising the rev limiter? Do you have the ability to adjust the MPEM, or are you getting it done some where? In edmonton? Let me know, or please send PM.

Premium Features