• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tunnel cut gone bad, Now what???

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Have you noticed a decrease in the ice buildup?
Decrease..... hard to quantify.
I have noticed a DIFFERENCE in where the ice forms when I ride with stick coolers.
I also have a 163 track mounted on a stock 155 tunnel. When I jump back and forth between them I do not notice a significant difference or advantage in either setup.

P
May 2, 2008
Breckenridge, Co.
Update, the shop had to cut a bit more off to get a clean area to work with. I was not super happy about this, but they did order a new kit and weld up properly. Pressure tested and wet tested to 150f and no leaks. I'm hoping it's happy this winter. They did not charge me anything for the ordeal so I am only out the original price of the first cr racing kit that was damaged.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Update, the shop had to cut a bit more off to get a clean area to work with. I was not super happy about this, but they did order a new kit and weld up properly. Pressure tested and wet tested to 150f and no leaks. I'm hoping it's happy this winter. They did not charge me anything for the ordeal so I am only out the original price of the first cr racing kit that was damaged.

Sounds like they did the best they could.

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
My sled goes in after the 4th to get get the CR racing cooler as well. Have been going back and forth about 8 or 9" cut. I'm going to run the Skinz Tunnel cut bumper. Do you have pics fo yours and what was the final length they cut off?

Premium Features