• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tuning a turbo, how do you weigh the loss of warranty?

B

bailer

Nov 26, 2007
Saskatoon
Muskoka Freerider says "Stock or walk" and I couldn't agree more. Stock sleds used to be a horrible way to ride.. but we are past that now. So if you really want to experience 200+ horsepower in a two stroke, get a backup sled.. That's the best advice I can give.
Muskoka Freerider doesn’t exist. He is nothing more than a deep fake marketing gimmick cooked up by the BRP marketing department.

(I learned this in the Polaris sub, they accurately point out that Skidoo’s don’t side hill.) ?

M
Dec 11, 2018
I’m quite happy with a turbo normalized engine. Just enough boost to let the sled run, as designed, at high altitudes the same it would at sea level. The aviation industry has been doing it for 60+ years. I’ll stick with stock.

I would however love to get rid of the awful bog when riding in handlebar deep snow.

Funny that I haven’t heard much about that, maybe because last year was low snow, and all the skidoo ambassadors kept it quiet.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I’m quite happy with a turbo normalized engine. Just enough boost to let the sled run, as designed, at high altitudes the same it would at sea level. The aviation industry has been doing it for 60+ years. I’ll stick with stock.

I would however love to get rid of the awful bog when riding in handlebar deep snow.

Funny that I haven’t heard much about that, maybe because last year was low snow, and all the skidoo ambassadors kept it quiet.
I had a bog a couple times, but I’m still in the breakin mode so I’m probably running a little rich. I also started cleaning the intake vents a little more.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
One thing about comparing mtn riding to sea level riding - saying that the mator makes that much power down there...

OK - yeah, but - how long do you keep it to the bar when down low?
Maybe if you are racing down the river/lake?

Mtn side - you could easily have it jacked up for a 30 seconds to minute - frequently.
Not just a quick blurp coming out of a corner.

It's not nearly apples/apples.

Premium Features