• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track porting. Yes. No. maybe?

RMKillR

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2009
Wisco
Got a questions for you guys. Is tracking porting worth it? Decrease track life? Cause the track to stretch easier? whats your thoughts?

I had a conversation this weekend with my Bro-in-Law about his Ski Doo and what he has done. He is always doing something to his sled for better performance. He told me that he put on a new Track last season. I'm like why, Ski Doos track a very good. He told me that the track he went to has no holes. He was telling me that they have figured out that the weight savings does NOT out way the effect on performance. He told me the new track with no holes is amazing, and was a signaficant upgrade he has ever done. He also told me that Ski Doos 2012 mountain sleds do not have holes, I guess the industry has learned that holes isn't a peformance gain, it actually makes things worse in hill climbing and deep snow. It might not effect trail riding.

This is what he told me, I'm no expert on track performance, just something that I found interesting. Some other can confirm or say I have been mis-informed.

Premium Features