• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

TPS check / adjust step by step.

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
Did u end up getting it to idle?

Also is this the correct thread for 2018 axys or pro chassis only?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tampa talk was

Did u end up getting it to idle?

Also is this the correct thread for 2018 axys or pro chassis only?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
Waiting on a clutch so i can see if it idles. Ill reply back when it comes. If it comes. Seems shipping sucks these days.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Ok. Have throttle cable disconnected and jam nut backed off throttle body.

Getting 4.96 volts off the yellow wire and .700 volts off the blue. I was getting .922 volts off the blue b4 I loosened the jam nut.

The OP doesn't say what to do to adjust the voltage from 4.96 to 5.00 on the yellow wire. Any recommendations?

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
Ak
Ok. Have throttle cable disconnected and jam nut backed off throttle body.

Getting 4.96 volts off the yellow wire and .700 volts off the blue. I was getting .922 volts off the blue b4 I loosened the jam nut.

The OP doesn't say what to do to adjust the voltage from 4.96 to 5.00 on the yellow wire. Any recommendations?
Loosen screws holding tps and rotate the tps.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
I must be missing something here....

If I rotate the tps to get the 5.00 volts out of the yellow wire, then I will most likely have to rotate it again to get the .700 volts out of the blue wire....?

I guess I'm not understanding how I can use the same adjustment (rotating tps) to get both readings in spec.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon

If I rotate the tps to get the 5.00 volts out of the yellow wire, then I will most likely have to rotate it again to get the .700 volts out of the blue wire....?

I guess I'm not understanding how I can use the same adjustment (rotating tps) to get both readings in spec.

Rotating the TPS should not change the 5.00 volt reading at the yellow wire. That wire is the sensor supply voltage to the TPS, and checking for 5VDC is just to confirm a good clean voltage source. If you're not getting 5 volts there, then you need to troubleshoot that issue first.

Rotating the TPS will change it's output relative to the throttle position, measured at the blue wire, and this is were you want to see .700VDC base setting with the idle screw backed out. After getting the base voltage set and re-securing the TPS, you then turn in the idle screw until you read .940VDC on the same blue wire to set your idle voltage.

Hope that helps, good luck!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
Ak

Sorry I thought you were adjusting the tps.

To get that voltage corrected you need your tester to put out 5 volts.

Not adjustable.

It's better, but still does not like to idle cold. The idle could be higher in general too. It seems its a bd issue. I have heard this before. The sled runs absolutely flawless otherwise.
I adjusted per some advice on fb. I adjusted the idle to about 1700 rpm then adjusted tps to read. 940. Again checked idle and still around 1700. Hoping this does the trick. Haven't tested really cold but def better when at 50f anf on up to 100f.

I adjusted per some advice on fb. I adjusted the idle to about 1700 rpm then adjusted tps to read. 940. Again checked idle and still around 1700. Hoping this does the trick. Haven't tested really cold but def better when at 50f anf on up to 100f.
I want to update this. Sled still needs a little throttle when cold for about 30 sec. I still need to blip the throttle to switch into reverse consistently. Setting it at 1750 cold has made it idle clpser to 1900 to 2000 warm. Actually, i am sort of liking the hogher idke though. It seems really responsive on the low end now. Tree riding is much better. Anyone know any downside to idling this high?

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
When you say, "adjusted TPS to read .940" are actually moving the TPS? If so, this is completely wrong. TPS base setting MUST be .700 +/- .01. To set the base, the throttle cable needs to be disconnected at the flipper and the idle screw backed off so nothing is holding the throttles open. Then check the TPS to verify a proper base setting, adjust if needed. The TPS tends to move a little when tightening the screws so make sure it still shows the correct base setting when screws are tight. From here you can reconnect the throttle cable and set your idle voltage to .940 +/- .01 The idle voltage setting can vary, but the idle at operating temp should be 1700 RPM +/- 200

When you say, "adjusted TPS to read .940" are actually moving the TPS? If so, this is completely wrong. TPS base setting MUST be .700 +/- .01. To set the base, the throttle cable needs to be disconnected at the flipper and the idle screw backed off so nothing is holding the throttles open. Then check the TPS to verify a proper base setting, adjust if needed. The TPS tends to move a little when tightening the screws so make sure it still shows the correct base setting when screws are tight. From here you can reconnect the throttle cable and set your idle voltage to .940 +/- .01 The idle voltage setting can vary, but the idle at operating temp should be 1700 RPM +/- 200
I have done it the correct way numerous times on numerous sleds. All of them end up idling really well. My current sled with BD turbo will not idle cold either way it is adjusted. Apparently is has something to do with the BD control box. Again, it runs perfectly, just not happy with idle.

Premium Features