• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TM 1000....so what's the real HP at 10,12,14,16,and 18#?

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Does anybody have any real dyno nubers besides speculation? I'm thinking 12 is about 280? But I've never seen any data on it, just opinions.

Thanks

J
Mar 21, 2008
the only real numbers I have seen is glenn halls cat 1200 twin drag sled he made 534hp at 29lbs that probobly does not help you but I thought it was interesting!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
does the # really matter... or what it will beat. horsepower without clutching is useless.. crappy track etc etc etc... just food for thought. methinks they make a lot.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
does the # really matter... or what it will beat. horsepower without clutching is useless.. crappy track etc etc etc... just food for thought. methinks they make a lot.

I am aware of that, and on alot of days the turbo is just too much, espceially in the spring. BUT, I'd just like to know.

As far as what it will or will not beat, it does matter to me. If it can't beat a 800 turbo, or compare to other 1000 turbos, then something is wrong or not setup right and needs to be changed. Whether its my stock 800 XP, or my TM1000, I want them in a high state of tune. I like to compare and see how it will do against other 1000s, 1200s, or 4 strokes. Win or lose, I don't care, just want to see how it does.

IMO, don't really know how well it goes until you have compared it to others. It may feel good and setup real well, until you get up against something that is setup better and smokes you......then you can do a little more tuning and altering.

Last edited:

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Actually this is funny cause ive never seen a dyno sheet for a turbo. If anyone has one post it with the details.

That's what I'm talking about!!!LOL

I have heard some pretty high numbers, and IMO, I think alot of people would be disappointed to see what they are really making.

I could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
As far as what it will or will not beat, it does matter to me. If it can't beat a 800 turbo, or compare to other 1000 turbos, then something is wrong or not setup right and needs to be changed. Whether its my stock 800 XP, or my TM1000, I want them in a high state of tune. I like to compare and see how it will do against other 1000s, 1200s, or 4 strokes. Win or lose, I don't care, just want to see how it does.

That is what the fairview shootout is for al!!!!

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
6lbs = cool it goes good
8lbs = I love my sled, wife can have half of everything but sled
10lbs = Wow we are really moving now
12lbs = Holy S**t did I just climb that
14lbs= Ok now how do I land this thing
16+ = Refer to 14lbs and if you have the balls, turn it up.

snownman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
boost...

i agree, its all in the set up, and track speed is all its about. the best way to find out is by (linin up and gitin er dun) then you know...

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
There is no rule of thumb for boost to HP ratio. Too many factors, crank stroke piston size, turbo size, all make for different boost to HP levels. Dyno can give the HP #s but tuning and clutching will give you the track speed and performance #s. Most of the older dynos out there are maxed out with what we can make for power now. Just line em up and go for broke. We should have a Pinks for sleds on TV.

Premium Features