• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Timbersled Mountain Tamer Setup in 08 Nytro

T
Dec 14, 2007
Alamosa, CO
I know this topic has probably been beaten to death but I can't find the information I'm looking for in the search.

I installed a Timbersled Mountain tamer in my Nytro at the end of last season and have one ride on it. I'm impressed but I'm looking for setup advice because I know mine could be better. How are you guys setting up your mountain tamers? Any advice on shock pressure, shims, limiter strap etc would be greatly appreciated.

Here's what I've got:
08 Nytro
Stock Tunnel
153" Power Claw
Ice Age Rails
I weigh about 180-185 with gear
I like to play in deep powder and boondock in the trees.
I do a lot of jumping and a few drops occasionally.
I don't climb anything too scary but do enjoy a climb from time to time.
Sled is NOT boosted right now. (maybe someday)

Thanks in advance. I truly appreciate any advice you may have.

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
i have the Tsled in the front and rear of my nytro and I really like the ride and the drastic improvement it made over stock. I am hoping to run with it boosted this year. The original setup is working the way I like it now, I have had the nitrogen pressure bumped up to 300 psi but I am a heavy guy 275 lbs. What do you want to change?? It will better help come up with a solution. The guys at Tsled will know what their suspension is capable of you should ask them.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
I'm happy with the suspension. It just seems a little too stiff to me. Just wondering what good shock pressure for someone my size would be. About 180 lbs with gear.

A Lot of people who talk about too stiff are setting their front shock too stout...I have mine set at 80 PSI (remember all numbers are with zero pressure on skid...i.e. skid lifted)...I am 250+ gear...

The fastest way to get your skid adjusted to your style is the old zip tie trick....pic below...

IMG_3194Large.jpg

Last edited:

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
you'd probably be good with 50-60 in the front and 125-130 rear since you aren't very heavy. I run close to 240 with my gear and backpack and with 75-80 in the front and 140-145 rear mine rides like a dream.

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
The shock pressure for sure has a big impact I run high pressure in the front when snow is deeeeeeeeeeeep and low in the hard pack. with low pressure its a dart in deep snow

Premium Features