• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Timbersled Fork Springs

P
Aug 13, 2014
I am trying to figure out some suspension settings for the front end and where to buy. I have 2 bikes a 2009 kawasaki kx450f and a 2014 ktm 300xc. Both have a ts 120" with tss. After doing some searching I have figured out it is best to run a .58 to ~.65 fork springs. Where can i purchase these from. I would imagine these are custom order only since that is a very stiff spring. Im wanting probably the heaviest spring I can get for both bikes. I like riding fast and dropping ledges. Who have you guys been getting your springs from? And hopefully not too expensive!

S
Sep 15, 2016
Vancouver, WA
My springs showed up yesterday so it took them exactly a week, ordered on friday got them the following friday. Thanks Cannon racecraft. One useful video I watched https://youtu.be/hWrgKXU4UUM, Not sure if its the 4CS fork but looks about right, and I noticed its the same bike you have.

I was hoping I could do the swap without changing the oil, maybe right on the bike, but with the heavier spring may need to file down the guide (15 Husky FC450 4cs fork).

P
Nov 16, 2016
Heavy rate fork springs

I look ed on their website and they only have a .54 fork springs. Am I looking in the wrong place or do you have to call these companies to get above a .54 spring rate?

If your looking for heavy rate fork springs call Cannon Racecraft they can custom make fork springs for your sled. It's not on their website so just give them a call. They are out of Oklahoma city.

T
Nov 26, 2007
Monroe/Cle Elum, WA
My springs showed up yesterday so it took them exactly a week, ordered on friday got them the following friday. Thanks Cannon racecraft. One useful video I watched https://youtu.be/hWrgKXU4UUM, Not sure if its the 4CS fork but looks about right, and I noticed its the same bike you have.

I was hoping I could do the swap without changing the oil, maybe right on the bike, but with the heavier spring may need to file down the guide (15 Husky FC450 4cs fork).

Yes you can change 4CS fork springs without changing the oil, you will need to remove the forks from the bike thou.
Not sure what you mean by file the guide down?
The video you linked is for WP twin chamber forks.
Look for TBT suspension video on the 4CS, Travis does a nice step by step video on how to service them.

T

Texask5

Oct 3, 2015
The super thick wire used to get the high spring rates is too wide to fit around the stock spring guides(black plastic piece at the top of the damping rod) in many cases. My KTM open cartridge forks had the same problem, you have to file the spring guide down so it has a smaller O.D.

Premium Features