• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The hood is complete

E
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane WA
What is the weight savings with this? Do you have to use any sort of extra air intake filters?

The part on the factory hood that goes into the intake tube that's attached to the throttle bodies is re-used. Then there is an air box shelf that seals to the hood and the factory piece. There is also a intake vent kit that will provide air to the motor by 4 vents. One goes over the headlight, the area that the tach mounts to and one on each side where the factory intake is. I will try to get pics posted. I haven't been to mountain fits shop for a couple weeks now. I have been real busy lately

I just looked at the pics I posted and the last pic shows the shelf and factory piece.

Last edited:
E
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane WA
Here are some pictures of the intake vent kit. All the black vents are part of the kit. The white hood vents are a different kit that is available. the intake kit is a 4 piece kit. You get the headlight vent, tach vent, and the 2 smaller vents that go on the back of the hood near the structural support

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

F7arcticcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Is the vent kit part of the hood price or purchased separately?
Looks nice!

Cat man doo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
Exman. How did you attach the clear piece on the inside. Rivets or epoxy ? A video would be really nice although it does look pretty easy.

Cat man doo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
It is a really nice piece for the money and is gonna save a lot of weight. Cost per pound lost is really good also. Great job MFH.

E
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane WA
Exman. How did you attach the clear piece on the inside. Rivets or epoxy ? A video would be really nice although it does look pretty easy.

It has a couple rivits in it and some silicon, but most of it slides together and over laps. The pic was before some heat tape. The front uses the hole and clip where the hood bolts through the belly pan. The video thing will be cool

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
So in total we are talking of how much?

Hood and both of the vent kits with the air box shell for a 800 PC? Complete package? :)

By the way, I thought all black proclimb was nice! .................. Until I saw the white sled you have there with the vents in the headlight area! Now I have to reconsider if I want my sled all black or not :face-icon-small-blu

E
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane WA
So in total we are talking of how much?

Hood and both of the vent kits with the air box shell for a 800 PC? Complete package? :)

By the way, I thought all black proclimb was nice! .................. Until I saw the white sled you have there with the vents in the headlight area! Now I have to reconsider if I want my sled all black or not :face-icon-small-blu

I think the price s right at $400 shipped in the lower 48. That's with the shelf, the 4 intake vents, black or white hood, and shipping.

I was gonna do black white and orange on my sled with the powder coat and vents but when they got the black hood done i decided to black everything out. But now I'm thinking of doing a black hood and orange vents on it. I can't seem to make up my mind so it's good I have a few months. The white hood is just sitting on it so I could get pictures for a guy. I think the white would look unreal on a HCR. That white with some green would look sweet. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Can`t wait for the video! I really have to dig deep in my pockets this fall so see if there is some leftovers from re furnishing my house with new living room and kitchen....

That delete with a new handlebar setup and a led bar would be awesome and stick out in the crowd for me! :D

E
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane WA
Can`t wait for the video! I really have to dig deep in my pockets this fall so see if there is some leftovers from re furnishing my house with new living room and kitchen....

That delete with a new handlebar setup and a led bar would be awesome and stick out in the crowd for me! :D

I'm not running a led bar but mtn fit has a led that is real similar to what you can order through the Polaris accessory catalog. So I'm going to run that. I saw them ran last year and give off more then enough light for riding out at nite.
It sucks I have been way to busy to work on my sled. It's so close to done but just far enough away to bug me

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
I`m living in North Norway and we have the dark season/period that are same as other places above the arctic circle. And a lot of the riding in december, january and february are in the dark so a LED bar is a must have, if I do a delete for my cat.

I guess I have to ad another 50-100 bucks for shipping to Norway if I go that route.

E
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane WA
I`m living in North Norway and we have the dark season/period that are same as other places above the arctic circle. And a lot of the riding in december, january and february are in the dark so a LED bar is a must have, if I do a delete for my cat.

I guess I have to ad another 50-100 bucks for shipping to Norway if I go that route.

Send me a pm with you shipping info and I will have mountain fit look it up and give you an exact shipping amount

E
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane WA
How much weight does it save?

I cant give you an exact number due to every ones scales being different, but the hood with the factory nose piece in it is just shy of 5lbs on their scale. I don't want to throw an exact weight savings out just for the fact that other people building just a center section is claiming 15+lbs savings. With that the stock hood is roughly 20lbs so their kit is only 5lbs and they only replace the center section.
I just don't want to be the guy that says you save 20lbs on a factory 20lb hood.
My honest opinion it will be close to 15lbs (and that's a true 15 with everything bolted on and ready to ride)
Sorry if its confusing but its hard to throw a number out when others numbers are so far fetch.

E
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane WA
Got an update tonite and their video is almost done. They did a clear hood so you can see what's going on with the air box shelf. The video is gonna help answer a lot of the small questions. Also found out if you order soon they are doing a special if you buy a hood, air box shelf and intake vent kit. Last but not least I will be heading to haydays to help out in their booth for the show.
Once the video is done I will make sure to post the link.

Premium Features