• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Get your FIX for the RMK 800

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

willjay989

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Graham wa
2009 dragon 163 stock 2010 exhaust 2008 head And map 19/42 gear ratio And a Fasttrax secondary cluct set up And the fix And mysled rips never ran so good

A

ajbond

Jan 29, 2010
Ogden
Mine just whent down with the fix kit installed. Had a fresh 2010 motor and installed fix kit with in 400 miles. have about 400 on fix kit installed with pcv,autotune,lcd and slp head and pipe. was running modded stoutner map at 12.8. plugs looked good. broke the mag side cylinder skirt. God I love polaris!!!!!!!

MTNTK

Premium Member
Nov 5, 2009
Ashton, ID
mtntkperformance.com
Mine just whent down with the fix kit installed. Had a fresh 2010 motor and installed fix kit with in 400 miles. have about 400 on fix kit installed with pcv,autotune,lcd and slp head and pipe. was running modded stoutner map at 12.8. plugs looked good. broke the mag side cylinder skirt. God I love polaris!!!!!!!

Was your cylinder replaced when the engine was rebuilt? We have had 3 (that I know of) engines break cylinder skirts off after installing "THE FIX" kit into them. This is due to the fact that some cylinders are cracked and or weakened from previous pounding by the stock pistons and then they fail after install of "THE FIX" kit. Millenium Technologies and US Chrome (they replate cylinders) told us that 30-40% of all cylinders sent in for replate have cracked cylinder skirts only revealed by dipping the cylinder in nitric acid to remove the plating! This means no amount of inspection prior to the rebuild will prevent a small number of machines from going down this way. I wish we could prevent this from happening, but unfortunately we cannot without replacing every cylinder. Another point to make is many dealers sell replated cylinders as new to unsuspecting customers. So buyer beware and trust your parts guys. AJBOND give us a call and we have replacement parts available and we will do our best to get you up and running.

A

ajbond

Jan 29, 2010
Ogden
It was a complete new 2010 motor in my 2009. Had about 400 miles when I installed the Kit. After another 3-400 it whent down..

RDS88

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
I'm having my "fix kit" along with PA heads 13.1 installed this week.

What is "squish" and how do I check it?

Any other mods should I do well I have everything apart?

Is PCV a must?

Race

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trump, AK.
I finally got the Assault up and running with the Fix Kit last weekend and it runs and pulls hard. I got some extras that went along with it. PA 12.5 Head & the Boysen Rage Cage. I already had the SLP Pipe & Can set up. I was at about 300' elevation. I used "gerrmans" modified SLP 70-216 with the 2010 Flash and had no problems in the low or the high end but I started to get a little bog in the mid section by the end of the day. Im going to try something this weekend to see if I can get rid of the it. Other then that it ran nice and crisp with plenty of power. I'm very pleased with the whole setup. Thanks to all who Sent emails, posted or just gave some direction on there PVC maps (gerrman, Jeff95, akrevrider, KJassault, milehighassasin, civerson). As well as IQRider for the motor work and Aksnowrider for the RPM advice. You guy's at PMS Polaris & MTNTK keep up the good work!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms0pWRrJAZo

IDPOLARIS

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2008
Blackfoot Idaho
Well i just want to put a BIG THANK YOU OUT TO PMS Corbet Shawn and the men in the shop for installing the fix in my sled friday i was in and out in 4 hrs my sled sound so much better i cant wait to ride it next weekend. I have always said PMS is the BEST.. thanks gentlemen :rockon::face-icon-small-coo:hail:

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
CHECKING PISTON to HEAD

I'm having my "fix kit" along with PA heads 13.1 installed this week.

What is "squish" and how do I check it?

Any other mods should I do well I have everything apart?

Is PCV a must?

Take a couple strands of soft solder and twist them together.

Bend into an "L" shape with the short leg being approx 1 1/2" inches long.

Remove BOTH spark plugs

Insert the 1 1/2" short leg in through the spark plug hole IN LINE WITH THE WRIST PIN

Rotate engine over S-L-O-W-L-Y

Remove and mic the squished solder.

You can try to re-check both cylinders/pistons, (with a fresh set of solder) and don't be surprised if you get (2) different readings

.055" or so is SAFE, I.M.O.

RDS88

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Did squish test got 0.52 pto side & 0.54 mag.
What's my next step?

IDPOLARIS

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2008
Blackfoot Idaho
I think i was told that 0.55 was the mininum for the fix kit Call Shawn at PMS 1-208-652-7738 tell him what you have and he will tell you what to do next..

1200psi

Nov 26, 2007
logan ut
www.poweraddictionracing.com
Did squish test got 0.52 pto side & 0.54 mag.
What's my next step?

Rds You will have .055 On my heads. It is pretty easy to get a little variance on the squish . One good method I use is get 3 strands of 1/16 soldier and braid them together with a drill Insert two of them on each side of the pistion. These heads are designed for .055 on the 08-10 dragons. You will be fine with your setup.

Brad

R

R44guy

Oct 8, 2008
MN
www.mnhelicopters.com
Fuel maps with the Fixx ?

I wanted to inquire with everyone who has added the mtntk fix it kit with out a after market fuel device or controller to change the stock fuel mapping from Polaris.

Please post a reply that includes if your sled has had the 2010 cylinder and head update done or if not. Please note which map from Polaris you have just in case you have had it reflashed and last for the few of us who have changed to a higher compression head and if your using a fuel controller or not as well please.

I have heard of many 800 rmk & iq owners who have not added a fuel controller with the fix it kit.

Thanks to all of you for taking your time and helping with all of the feed back in this thread over the last year.

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
I wanted to inquire with everyone who has added the mtntk fix it kit with out a after market fuel device or controller to change the stock fuel mapping from Polaris.

I have about 150 miles on the fix after having the 2010 update done the season before. occasionally i the lean condition show up around 5600 rpms, when i never had it before. i tried a couple maps from dynotec and honestly could not tell much if any difference from my 2010 flash.

btw, only mods are slp can, vents and plugged exhaust valves. mostly running at 7-10k.

Premium Features