• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Get your FIX for the RMK 800

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

gerrman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Canada
I fouled NGK BPR9ES.
After I ran that tank and got the crazy oil mix out I went to The NGK iridiums. I'm mixing 1/2-3/4 ounces of injex to each gallon of gas.
On the break in tank it was easily over 1 ounce of injex to each gallon of fuel.

I'm now running about 20% VP110 leaded.

Well, what can I first. Changed to NKG plugs after another 10 miles today and all was good, not sure if it was actually the plugs, but whatever. Today I have one thing to say, WHAAAAAAHOOOOOOO. My '09 Dragon has NEVER ran so good. Thank-you to Shawn at PMS Polaris and the "Fix" kit and Curt/Justin at FTX Motorsports with ALL their help with my head install. The Power Addiction head from them is a must for all. Thanks as well to Brad for my single buy very informative phone call. We/I had great snow conditions today, blue bird, looooooots of snow. Early snow, it was great!!!! This sled with the "FIX Piston Kit" and Power Addiction head has never ran so well!!!!! It flat out rippppppped today. Even with the babying I did today. RPM was scarryyyy. Need to change the primary spring and add some weight. The current machine/engine has NOT been able to produce the torque and Hp as I fealt today. It was sweet!!!! RPM, peaked 8450, never seen this before. A little to much, too early on my break in BUTTT, I am sorry. This combo, with the SLP pipe works. Hope everybody else hopefully will be as happy as I am so far(No piston issues???!!!). Have a great and safe season everybody!!!

M

miralas

Nov 27, 2010
Bozeman, MT
got fisrty's in our riding area.

put about 4 hours on the dragon yesterday and never been more impressed with it. spent all day swappin back and forth between my buddy's pro and my sled and i gotta say that if i could improve the carving on mine i would never think about a pro. his machine has a power addiction head, clutching, and a can and mine has PCV( i forget the name of the most commonly used map but its the one i have, and anywhere in the map where fuel was removed i went back and zeroed it so it would run richer all the way through the throttle), fix kit, some clutching, and a can. lets keep our fingers crossed that dragons with this kit make it through the season flawlessly.

R

R44guy

Oct 8, 2008
MN
www.mnhelicopters.com
I wanted to just update everyone following this thread that I still could not be more pleased with the mtntk fix it kit that pms polaris installed in my 09 D8. I have had many pm's over the last year looking for a update.

I also recently learned mtntk makes a kit for the pro as well so I will be adding this to my pro in the near future as well if that tells you how impressed I am with the piston fix it kit.

T

tjmcc

Feb 27, 2009
Fort Mcmurray, Alberta, Canada
FIX

I just got my 09 switchback out last night for the first rip since I installed the fix. I am running the 167hp stoutner SLP pipe map with the ethanol wires plugged in. I'm running non ethanol 91 octane so it is pretty rich but I want to play safe at first. Will have a good look at my plugs and most likely unplug the ethanol wires. Power is better then I've ever seen from this sled so far.

I have the fix kit, power addiction head 12.5:1, slp full pipe, timbersled intake, pc3, ngk bpr9eix plugs.

Ex-Flit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
North Branch, MN
just spent a week on my 08 dragon with the fix kit, original head and map, but i ran it with my pcv and dynotech's 157 hp map to be safe my sled always runs lean. lets just say i have my sled back the way it was after i first got it. it runs really strong i am very happy!!! I pulled plugs a couple of times and they looked good. I was hoping to use my auto tune after it broke in but when i tried to pull the plug in the pipe it destroyed the threads. Any ideas what would cause this? the plug was not cross threaded

gerrman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Canada
FIX Performance Update

2009 163
Stock track
FIX kit
SLP pipe kit
19/42 gearing
PSpring Team Bright Green 150-340
SSpring stock Bl/Pu c/w 2 delrins
Helix 62/42/.40
67 gr Ron's Big Torque weights
PA 12.5 head
PCV SLP Map
SLP Intake kit
Holz Vents
Exit XO FShocks
Nextech FoxFloat Rear conversion kit
Holz Chaincase Drop kit
FTX motorplate
BBoards HD and Bars

Thought I would give an update after this passed weekend. This is my third year with this machine. Have added "Stuff" each season, not all at once. I now have a little over 200 miles on the "FIX Kit". Readjusted belt clearance before last weekend and installed Ron's weights which were 1 gram heavier and have a modified profile. Since the piston update my RPM's have been high, 8500 peak and a hot secondary/belt. Machine worked the best it ever has yesterday. RPM's were back to where they need to be 8250 +/- 50, peak 8400. Cool clutches and belt. A little warm after a lot of boondocking and 2-3 pulls on the hill. Great base with 18-24" of fresh. 3000-5500'. Still a very small griggle in the mid-range. Will have work with the AutoTune now, I guess. I go 260 geared up and this setup pulled like a mule on the hills, back shifted the best ever. The "FIX" and PA head has really given this engine a much needed improvement in the power department. I think I can now just leave everything alone. Ride her till she breaks!!! LOL :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-coo:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
G

Garth

Sep 28, 2010
Springwater, On CANADA!
Flash?

2009 163
Stock track
FIX kit
SLP pipe kit
19/42 gearing
PSpring Team Bright Green 150-340
SSpring stock Bl/Pu c/w 2 delrins
Helix 62/42/.40
67 gr Ron's Big Torque weights
PA 12.5 head
PCV SLP Map
SLP Intake kit
Holz Vents
Exit XO FShocks
Nextech FoxFloat Rear conversion kit
Holz Chaincase Drop kit

Thought I would give an update after this passed weekend. This is my third year with this machine. Have added "Stuff" each season, not all at once. I now have a little over 200 miles on the "FIX Kit". Readjusted belt clearance before last weekend and installed Ron's weights which were 1 gram heavier and have a modified profile. Since the piston update my RPM's have been high, 8500 peak and a hot secondary/belt. Machine worked the best it ever has yesterday. RPM's were back to where they need to be 8250 +/- 50, peak 8400. Cool clutches and belt. A little warm after a lot of boondocking and 2-3 pulls on the hill. Great base with 12-18" of fresh. 3000-5500'. Still a very small griggle in the mid-range. Will have work with the AutoTune now, I guess. I go 260 geared up and this setup pulled like a mule on the hills, back shifted the best ever. The "FIX" and PA head has really given this engine a much needed improvement in the power department. I think I can now just leave everything alone. Ride her till she breaks!!! LOL :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-coo:face-icon-small-hap

Which Polaris flash are you running, and what are you using for fuel?

G

Garth

Sep 28, 2010
Springwater, On CANADA!
I just got my 09 switchback out last night for the first rip since I installed the fix. I am running the 167hp stoutner SLP pipe map with the ethanol wires plugged in. I'm running non ethanol 91 octane so it is pretty rich but I want to play safe at first. Will have a good look at my plugs and most likely unplug the ethanol wires. Power is better then I've ever seen from this sled so far.

I have the fix kit, power addiction head 12.5:1, slp full pipe, timbersled intake, pc3, ngk bpr9eix plugs.

Are you running at low elevation? Which Polaris flash are you working with?

J

jbc8000

Nov 25, 2009
Is anyone running the fix with stock 09 head and latest flash? Just wondered if it would work and be a cheaper way to go then a aftermarket high compresion head. thanks

gerrman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Canada
Which Polaris flash are you running, and what are you using for fuel?

Running the original 2010 flash that was used with the piston update with ethanol wires unplugged. Tried the original 2009 flash after VR failure and ECU replace in Dec, ran like sh--t. Have not tried the original 2008 flash. Was using 91 fuel with 2 gallons of 94 Chevon to top up tank that a buddy had leftover from his fill.

M

miralas

Nov 27, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Is anyone running the fix with stock 09 head and latest flash? Just wondered if it would work and be a cheaper way to go then a aftermarket high compresion head. thanks

this is what i'm running plus a pcv. my sleds runnin super strong and i feel like the compression is fine with the stock head.

J

jbc8000

Nov 25, 2009
this is what i'm running plus a pcv. my sleds runnin super strong and i feel like the compression is fine with the stock head.
k thanks, You running dyno tech map? Hoping maybe ill be able to keep a mag side piston in it.

M

miralas

Nov 27, 2010
Bozeman, MT
k thanks, You running dyno tech map? Hoping maybe ill be able to keep a mag side piston in it.

yup, i believe they call it the stoutner 157 or something like that. the only thing i did different was zero out all the parts on the map that took fuel away and i left the rest the same.

Premium Features