• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 RMK Pro 800 EGT code, wrong sensor?

D
Sep 15, 2023
Bend, OR
I picked up a 2018 RMK Pro 800 with a Silber turbo. It is throwing 173-4; EGT voltage low. It looks like the sensor has been replaced with a non OEM sensor; the wiring is spliced in.

I reached out to Justin at Silber to see if I could rule out any ECU flash issues. He said that it looks like the previous owner swapped in a 2017 pipe and sensor and that was causing the issue. He said the fix is to get an OEM sensor and tap the bung in the pipe so it fits. This makes sense; the sled came with a second pipe that looks like it had the bung welded in, and a similar non OEM sensor in it, so obviously some sort of work was done here.

Before I spend $250 on an OEM sensor, does anyone have any experience with this? Is there a non OEM sensor that would work here that is cheaper? Does anyone know the tap size for the sensor? Is there some other issue I should be looking at, considering the previous owner seems to have done a bunch of work around this?

Included a pic of the pipe and sensor.

IMG_2679.jpeg

Premium Features