• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Fabled 60 days when are they up???

rocket

Premium Member
Jul 20, 2001
Wisconsin
Fuel calibration

I heard from a trusted source that it would be fall before anything came out. What is the dam hurry, snows almost gone anyway. If you are so in need, send it to Carl's and do a pipe and there map

I don't think most are necessarily demanding their sled be fixed NOW, but I suspect they DO want Polaris to publicly commit to what the fix will be. I wouldn't be surprised a bit that if mechanical changes are going to be made, they won't be available until the motors are being built for the '10 model (which is probably late summer/fall as you mention).

Dec 15, 2007
motor issues

i HAD a 2007 600 switchback that blew up at 218 miles and after $ 2200.00 in warranty money and it did it again at 225 miles and i hated it . it was in the middle of last winter so i could'nt ride until mike at m&m lawn and leisure in minnesota took it [BLOWN UP] and $ 500.00 for a 2009 rmk shift. now its spring and your wanting to know when the 60 days are up. do you really need the sled in june.seems it would be better to wait and let them get it right this time.and then when there is snow hope for the best and hope they got it right, even if it takes 90 days.:confused:

N
Nov 7, 2008
when did they start

when did the sixty days start? I have been hearing 60 days from my dealer for what must be awful close to 60 days, and everyone is still saying 60 days.

I don't care now that snow is gone, like i said previously, I like how they were able to buy themselves 5 or 6 months by telling us 60 days (knowing no one would be riding in 60 days)

My concern is where did this RUMOUR start, I have never actually seen evidence from POO saying that this is for real !! Sorry for my skepticism, but I traded my 08 p.o.s in on an 09 that was for sure fixed !!!!!!! NOT!!!!!!

Here's to hoping :beer;:beer;:beer;

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
when did the sixty days start? I have been hearing 60 days from my dealer for what must be awful close to 60 days, and everyone is still saying 60 days.

I don't care now that snow is gone, like i said previously, I like how they were able to buy themselves 5 or 6 months by telling us 60 days (knowing no one would be riding in 60 days)

My concern is where did this RUMOUR start, I have never actually seen evidence from POO saying that this is for real !! Sorry for my skepticism, but I traded my 08 p.o.s in on an 09 that was for sure fixed !!!!!!! NOT!!!!!!

Here's to hoping :beer;:beer;:beer;

On the bold, no rumor.

POLARIS issued an official letter sent out to dealers dated March 19, 2009 Stating they would extend everybody's warranty (@ the least, on the 800"s) until April 1, 2010 and announce a "WE EXPECT A FORMAL SOLUTION WITHIN THE NEXT 60 DAYS, AND COMMIT TO PROVIDING AN UPDATE AT THAT TIME" for trouble plagued 800's and "ongoing testing is going well" plus "POLARIS is going to stand behind the 800's and take care of their customers that experienced a failure"

That's pretty much it, May 18 Has come and gone and NO official word yet from Minnesota on their own self proclaimed deadline.

Unless, of course by POLARIS re-releasing the 700 RMK is the fix/contingency plan for the 800 piston issue??????

Last edited:
Z

Zachcreek

Oct 18, 2008
Buena Vista Colorado
You guys have to remember, at this time in Roseau, they are planning next years fish houses for the Lake. Carpet, generator, sleeping quarters, sat dish setup etc. Oh and not to forget the holes for fishin Walleye.

Now, in Thief River Falls, its all business on makin a sled that will run....... :D

ice-fishing-house-plans.jpg

S
Nov 27, 2007
SK
Clear and consistent communication from Polaris would mean a lot to those experiencing problems. Even if its not the right answer, it would be better than nothing at all.

Polaris....keep your customers "in the loop". Its the least you could do at this point.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
I agree it's time again for Medina to let loose with an update possibly that's a little more in depth as to the possible fix. I think it was Mountain Horse that posted both dealer letters and they seem to really calm everyone down. With snowcheck being so low and the stupiditity of the 700 come back ( not it it wasn't a great mill but let's face it everyone wants an 800 that runs like the one they have just more reliable) but the clown that bashes the men from the north doesn't have a clue as to what it takes to get anything to market those guys up there are the best and not knocking Cat at all if they were so good why still #3, when Poo first f'ed up Doo went past Cat to become #1 and let's remember the AC 900's and 1000's and all the previous m8's , again not a poor sled but not an RMK or an XP. I don't care if it's a 340 as long as it has 155 hp and:confused: the torque to go with and lives for 4000 miles or more.

Z

Zachcreek

Oct 18, 2008
Buena Vista Colorado
I agree it's time again for Medina to let loose with an update possibly that's a little more in depth as to the possible fix. I think it was Mountain Horse that posted both dealer letters and they seem to really calm everyone down. With snowcheck being so low and the stupiditity of the 700 come back ( not it it wasn't a great mill but let's face it everyone wants an 800 that runs like the one they have just more reliable) but the clown that bashes the men from the north doesn't have a clue as to what it takes to get anything to market those guys up there are the best and not knocking Cat at all if they were so good why still #3, when Poo first f'ed up Doo went past Cat to become #1 and let's remember the AC 900's and 1000's and all the previous m8's , again not a poor sled but not an RMK or an XP. I don't care if it's a 340 as long as it has 155 hp and:confused: the torque to go with and lives for 4000 miles or more.

I am from the North and have friends that work in both factories. We knock each other all the time. If you ever spent anytime up there, you would find out what our sense of humor is like. Try it someday, RMClown727. Also, they are drawing plans for the new houses for next season. CAD drawings of Fish Houses, Serious stuff.

And yes, your right, I have no clue as to what it takes to market products. No wait, thats what I do for a living....

Now back to the subject line. Whats up with Polaris... :beer;

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Looks as thou Thiefcreek falls is a little thin skinned. Just keep up the fish house design because in as powerfull and overwelming as the Cat sleds are you surely aren't planning on pulling it with your Cat atv or prowler are you.

Z

Zachcreek

Oct 18, 2008
Buena Vista Colorado
Nope, just pokin you back. All good fun behind the keyboard. I actually like the Polarass's, Doo's, Yamahogs and of course my cat. Hell, I even like you. LOL

D
Zachcreek
Don't mind RMClown727 he's good at dishing it out but not good at the receiving end. He's been a polaris dealer since the beginning of time. Polaris could be 30 years behind everyone else in technology and they would still be number one in his mind. He keeps putting other brands down yet has no seat time on them. Maybe he needs to get off the snowest polaris site and expand his horizons a little. Bring on your key board RMClown277. LOL.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
My last comment on this thread driftlipper but possibly a little schooling is in order for you. I don't go around bashing other brands in fact I'm glad there is a place for your types to go. I ride with all brands and don't care what anybody rides all i want is to ride with people that love to ride the mountains as I do. I can tell from creeks responce that he's an OK gentelman unlike yourself so please go back to the Do talk and leave the Poo stuff to us. Love ya

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
don't worry it will snow again and this time of great saddness will go away:lips:

oh, and my dealer still has no word on the (fix), but they will still put the op top end on if i want it done today

R

rideh2o

Oct 16, 2001
Polson, Montana
don't worry it will snow again and this time of great saddness will go away:lips:

oh, and my dealer still has no word on the (fix), but they will still put the op top end on if i want it done today

Waiting on parts since April 10. :mad: Now the parts are available but no news on why these parts are failing.

To date, I've missed 7 rides so far and a couple of more coming up. :mad: ( we ride to the end of June )

That number does not include me and my buddies missing 2 world class rides because i had to be towed back to the truck within the first 25 minutes of our day.

I don't know about you guys, but it torques me off when the five of us lose out on a day of riding not to mention the cost. :mad: :mad: :mad:

The last piston stick cost me another day, and 150 miles going back with parts to retrieve the sled. (300 miles total)

I will be damned if I'm going to have the dealer (Polaris) put this sled back together with the same parts so it can ruin another day for me and my buddies!

I want an answer to the problem before I ride again!

(My Dealer knows more about weed eaters than sleds)

I need some huggy, touchy, feely, from Polaris before I pop a gasket!

Anyone else?

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
I agree w/ you rideh20. My 800 needs it's second top end of the 09 season, but would be stupid to put in the same parts and head into the back country next winter. I'm sitting on it and hoping "the fix" will be realeased. If not, it's gonna get traded off.

Premium Features