• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding on a deep day with the best PNW rider I know!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I was in a dump like that, in the big horns, and my buddy's doo locked up so i had to pull him back 20 miles. Luckily we got most of the day and got to a groomed trail even though it was solid moguls. Otherwise it would have been a no go.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
A few years ago McCall ID, the photo is my daughter who was standing up. Holy chit the stucks were tough, had to stomp around awhile before you could see over the snow. The next day was too deep, no one rode as your head was a foot or two below the surface even at WOT which was required at all times.
Three, Four days in a row woke up to parking lot scenes.
One day we chained up the Earthroamer and drug out a bunch of trucks n trailers from Warren Wagon parking. Before and after the too deep were incredible days!!

IMG_8605.png IMG_8607.jpeg IMG_8677.jpeg

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Never say too deep but i had one day, years ago, that was like you're talking. Deepest i ever road. It was by Kamas utah. Took a few hours to go a couple miles up a paved road and back. Did not dare to get off road. Had to go off it to turn around and i got stuck. I have 1 picture, that i cannot find, of me turning around. Only thing sticking out was the top of my windshield and I'm standing by my sled and you don't know I'm even there and I'm 6' 1". Deepest I've ever rode. A week later it was like the snow Mike and them were in. I laugh about saying it's never too deep but you literally couldn't do anything. You were just stuck. I know exactly what you mean.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Never say too deep but i had one day, years ago, that was like you're talking. Deepest i ever road. It was by Kamas utah. Took a few hours to go a couple miles up a paved road and back. Did not dare to get off road. Had to go off it to turn around and i got stuck. I have 1 picture, that i cannot find, of me turning around. Only thing sticking out was the top of my windshield and I'm standing by my sled and you don't know I'm even there and I'm 6' 1". Deepest I've ever rode. A week later it was like the snow Mike and them were in. I laugh about saying it's never too deep but you literally couldn't do anything. You were just stuck. I know exactly what you mean.
Exactly, let’s rephrase and say too deep to be off trail. The photo above of my daughter she is still moving and was not stuck. This was the day before snow mageddon. An hour or so after the daughter photo I got myself into one of the worst stucks ever.
I was leading her and her bf too a low angle area I though would be rideable and missed the turn and starting descending realized it and had them sit while I went down a bit looking for a turn around and ended up dropping into a depression and was claustrophobic as the snow was a couple feet over my head while still standing on the running boards. Thrashed around for 20 minutes or so before I had enough snow moved I could see n breathe. Called them on the radio and said manually turn your sleds around. An hour later I made it back to them (after a hell of a ride back) they were still wallowing around up to their necks working on turning the second sled around. They are both young and fit, totally trashed after!
We called it a day after that….that was the day before it was too deep😂
Couple Pro rider friends in McCall at the time did not ride for a couple days, too deep.
This photo was the day before when it was still yummy.

IMG_8577.png

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Exactly, let’s rephrase and say too deep to be off trail. The photo above of my daughter she is still moving and was not stuck. This was the day before snow mageddon. An hour or so after the daughter photo I got myself into one of the worst stucks ever.
I was leading her and her bf too a low angle area I though would be rideable and missed the turn and starting descending realized it and had them sit while I went down a bit looking for a turn around and ended up dropping into a depression and was claustrophobic as the snow was a couple feet over my head while still standing on the running boards. Thrashed around for 20 minutes or so before I had enough snow moved I could see n breathe. Called them on the radio and said manually turn your sleds around. An hour later I made it back to them (after a hell of a ride back) they were still wallowing around up to their necks working on turning the second sled around. They are both young and fit, totally trashed after!
We called it a day after that….that was the day before it was too deep😂
Couple Pro rider friends in McCall at the time did not ride for a couple days, too deep.
This photo was the day before when it was still yummy.
Call that a Bugs Bunny day? If anyone remembers a well-spend childhood watching Loony Tunes, where Bugs Bunny travels by tunneling through snow or even earth... Just look out for the Abominable Snowman! I've heard of something like that deep at Cooke a few times, but never been (un)lucky enough to hit anything like it. Even doing my best to hit the best spot in striking distance after a dump (being typically limited to weekends), I usually only see a properly deep day once or twice a year. That Bugs Bunny snow tunneling in that kind of deep sounds fun and scary at the same time - even if you can keep moving, it's gotta be hard to tell where you're going, what you're doing, and it's easy to imagine things going very wrong. Digging out of a waist-deep stuck is a pain, having to work the snow just to see something has to be borderline terrifying!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Call that a Bugs Bunny day? If anyone remembers a well-spend childhood watching Loony Tunes, where Bugs Bunny travels by tunneling through snow or even earth... Just look out for the Abominable Snowman! I've heard of something like that deep at Cooke a few times, but never been (un)lucky enough to hit anything like it. Even doing my best to hit the best spot in striking distance after a dump (being typically limited to weekends), I usually only see a properly deep day once or twice a year. That Bugs Bunny snow tunneling in that kind of deep sounds fun and scary at the same time - even if you can keep moving, it's gotta be hard to tell where you're going, what you're doing, and it's easy to imagine things going very wrong. Digging out of a waist-deep stuck is a pain, having to work the snow just to see something has to be borderline terrifying!
I actually seen bugs bunny years ago. In a 5 or6 foot dump at hoodoo and their kid was stuck on a 340 ovation. She hooked a strap up to her turbo nytro to pull him out. Her husband said she never looks back. It literally looked like bugs bunny until she went stuck. Funniest thing ever.

Premium Features