• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SYN. OILS

Snow Duck

The Great and Mighty SnowDuck
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2009
Kuna Idaho to Elk City Idaho..
So just wondering if anyone is using the Lucas Full SYN. 2 cycle oils? I have ran Redline for the last 8 years with zero issues other than now its 60 plus a gallon.. I can get the Lucas for 25 a gallon...

01-Snowmobile_800x950.jpg

AKDoug

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
God I hate oil threads... but I am running this oil this season. I've used other Lucas products with good results, so what the hell.

No problem yet, but I've only used it in my newly rebuilt 2004 800HO Skidoo for 300 miles.

My kid has a 670X with 6000 miles on a rebuild I did 12 years ago that has run Valvoline TC-W3 rated cheap oil and still hasn't cleaned the RAVE valves.

The reason I hate oil threads is that I have NEVER had anyone definitively prove to me that any two stroke oil has caused an engine failure. I've run "crap" oil in far too many two strokes over the years and had it work just fine.

I do choose oils based on how dirty they burn, especially with power valve sleds, and pour point at low temps. This is the reason I arrived at buying Lucas.. cheap price, clean burn (it appears), and low pour point temp.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
A few years ago, like 3 or so, I had called the Valvoline hotline to find out if they had a synthetic 2-cycle oil. The tech said no because the oil is used so quickly they felt there was no need to have synthetic 2-cycle oil. Hey, I am just relaying what they told me.

AKDoug

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
That Valvoline above was dino oil. The pour point of it is definitely not as low as full synthetics.

Premium Features