• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Uses for Old Gas?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I've got about 10 gallons of pre-mix 32:1 that's in a sled fuel tank. It's been in there for about 2 years with some Sta-bil, but I'm still leary of running it now. Especially in the high compression big-bore engine. There's no way I can run that much through the weed whacker this summer and the riding lawn mower burns diesel. I have a '79 ford pickup with no cats that I could maybe blend it down in and put out a smoke screen for mosquitoes lol. I don't dare run that much oil through my newer truck, which is what I typically do with straight old gas. Other than that it's probably going to have to go in the waste oil.

What does everyone else do with theirs?

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Whatever you do, DO NOT run it through your sled. I've owned 8-9 sleds over the last 25 years and the only engine I've blown up was a first ride with old gas that still had stabilizer. My mechanic said he sees it every year.

F
Jan 3, 2008
run it out in the old ford. Put 5 gallons of premix in before you fill the gas tank the rest of the way. It will be so diluted with the other 15+ gallons it won’t matter.

G
Feb 9, 2014
Shuswap
I burn my old gas in my 1953 ferguson. At 5.7:1 compression, it probably likes old fuel better anyway!
I wouldn't think twice about dumping it in your old ford. Think of the premix as a lead substitute. :LOL:

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Does antifa have any riots planned near your neck of the woods? You could sell it to them for their molotov cocktails.
I want to say there was some type of protest planned last year, but I think they chickened out. Must have found out we are an open carry state.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
^ I might keep a little around for that!

Which reminds me I have a bunch of dirt bike and quad air filters that need cleaning. An old buddy of mine said for years he used premix to clean the filter and then let them dry. The oil left behind from the gas evaporating was all he used to catch the dirt. Not sure I totally trust that to stop everything in a really dusty environment though. Might clean them with it then add the usual oil once dry.

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
I also still use it as one of my all time favorite cleaners for greased up, oily dirty parts. Also one of my all-time favorite cleaners for cleaning out and wiping out the old belly pans.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
I just keep a designated can for old gas, "shop gas" better solvent than most that cost more, use it for paint brushes after oil based too. You dont ride the 900 anymore eh

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
There is a few pride parades you could donate it to!

Premium Features