• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sx viper must have mods

Okay I'm kinda new to sled modifications I have a plain 03 sx viper it runs good clean carbs and everything works well but kinda stiff no forgiveness in the suspension and I would like alot more snap off the line and just over all more power I have a studed track lug is about an inch but I just need some options and opinions on what I can do to make this sled better

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
The rear suspension should be torsion spring that has a triangle looking adjuster on each side. You used to be able to order different springs for more adjustment as well.

For more snap off the line, you will have to look at the clutching and maybe the gearing. First and foremost, you need to make sure everything is working right and not worn out since it is an older sled. After that you can look at your weight profiles and springs to see what is in there and what you can swap to get what you're looking for.

You might be able to find a set of Bender triple pipes as well, but with noise regulations being what they are, that may not be an option for you.

Premium Features