• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Suspension, track on Nytro

ntm_08

Lifetime Membership
May 21, 2009
Hi

1: I`m thinking about the Timbersled mtn tamer back suspensions kit. But I`m wondering about the drop bracket. Is it that bad. Folding tunnel problem ?
Is the CR racing drop bracket better? Or stick to the originale ( does it fit the timbersled ? )

2: I`m going for the CE 156` And what to do with the extra length( from 153 ) And i want to have 2 wheel inside. What to do/buy. Want 8`wheel but originale is fine. Black plastic. No alu
Original rails.

Thanks
ntm

W

woodies

reason i run 4 back wheels
100_2214.jpg

k-mods brackets work well, stock will not work with timbersled.
100_1409.jpg

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
Bent mine too when I had the skid and drop brackets. Bent just infront of the brackets. Got ride of the skid and brackets.

ntm_08

Lifetime Membership
May 21, 2009
How to make the original drop bracket work with the timbersled ? Any Ad on brackets to make it fit. ?

ntm

H

Hrt Offroad

Nov 3, 2008
Okotoks, Alberta Canada
Hi

1: I`m thinking about the Timbersled mtn tamer back suspensions kit. But I`m wondering about the drop bracket. Is it that bad. Folding tunnel problem ?
Is the CR racing drop bracket better? Or stick to the originale ( does it fit the timbersled ? )

2: I`m going for the CE 156` And what to do with the extra length( from 153 ) And i want to have 2 wheel inside. What to do/buy. Want 8`wheel but originale is fine. Black plastic. No alu
Original rails.

Thanks
ntm

2: you can use an offset axle and big wheel kit to take up the slack

Z

Zipperno

Jan 9, 2008
Nordkjosbotn, Norway
How to make the original drop bracket work with the timbersled ? Any Ad on brackets to make it fit. ?

ntm

I use the stock brackets on my Nytro. You need to shorten the axle to make it work. I didnt dare to use the timbersled brackets, they will weaken the tunnell for sure....

//Tom

E

evan3000

Dec 8, 2007
Red Deer Ab.
If you keep the 153 rails you need 9" wheels to take up the slack. IMO I was very disappointed with the timbersled skid, more so the floats. If I build another I would look at other options. just my .02

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I run the timbersled and the drop brackets and haven't had a single issue yet. It keeps the front down and rides like a dream. Deep snow performance went WAY up with a skid and track change. I run 162 iceage rails and 8" wheels. Put 80psi in the front and 115-120 in the rear and go like hell.

If you have any questions about the skid or have any issues with one that you have I highly suggest giving alan or budd a call at timbersled. They take care of their customers like few people do these days.

ntm_08

Lifetime Membership
May 21, 2009
I run the timbersled and the drop brackets and haven't had a single issue yet. It keeps the front down and rides like a dream. Deep snow performance went WAY up with a skid and track change. I run 162 iceage rails and 8" wheels. Put 80psi in the front and 115-120 in the rear and go like hell.

If you have any questions about the skid or have any issues with one that you have I highly suggest giving alan or budd a call at timbersled. They take care of their customers like few people do these days.

"Also the front limiter strap has 12 hole adjustments and the Fox Float Shox have a 100 psi range of adjustment."

You have 115-120 psi in the rear ?

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I was actually running like 145 in the rear. One morning it was down to 115 and rode like crap...i think thats why it stuck in my mind. Thats the nice thing about this suspension, you can set it to ride however you like and is very adjustable. I run my limiter strap on the 3rd or 4th hole. I heard of some breaking, but everything on my skid has held up great so far.

ntm_08

Lifetime Membership
May 21, 2009
I use the stock brackets on my Nytro. You need to shorten the axle to make it work. I didnt dare to use the timbersled brackets, they will weaken the tunnell for sure....

//Tom

How did you shorten the axle, so the wheels fit ? and do the originale hole fit ? Does the timbersled bracket drop more ?

And where do i find offset axle and some big wheels. Want black plastic wheels.

Thanks

ntm

Last edited:

ntm_08

Lifetime Membership
May 21, 2009
How did you shorten the axle, so the wheels fit ? and do the originale hole fit ? Does the timbersled bracket drop more ?

And where do i find offset axle and some big wheels. Want black plastic wheels.

Thanks

ntm

Someone ?

Premium Features