• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

support error message

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
My computer has begun to give me this message in the last week:

This error (HTTP 501 Not Implemented or HTTP 505 Version Not Supported) means that the website you are visiting doesn't currently have the ability to display the webpage, or support the HTTP version used to request the page.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

I have tried uncliking the http 1.1 boxes and that did nothing...this is what the help section says to do.

It worked before but has now seen to act up, anyone have any ideas...I am running Vista Business on the laptop that does not work, have had to resort to borrowing my 9 year old's computer.

Thanks

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Would you mind trying one of the alternate browsers such as FIREFOX or CHROME and letting me know if you still get the same error?

I have found that having at least one of the alternates installed will often save you a load of grief when this sort of thing happens.

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
It shows up on blackberry's browser, Opera, Safari, and Firefox as well. I have had it show up allot as well for a few hrs or so it wouldn't let me onto the web site.:confused:

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
firefox

Loaded firefox and it is working. thanks
Will let you know if it has issues down the road..still wondering why IE8 went haywire?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I really do not know!
I run a DELL XPS M1703 laptop running dual SLI cards driving a 3008WFP 30-inch Monitor.

And I will be right in the middle of something on this forum, and IE just STOPS working for no discernable reason at all.

I fire up Chrome, and everything is fine.

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
This one just showed up now in Firefox, now IE and Firefox won't work, any ideas?

GET to /forum/forumdisplay.php not supported.

Premium Features