• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summarizing??

T

TGitt

Feb 16, 2009
Logan, Utah
I'm just wondering what people with Cleanfire Injection sleds do to summarize them. Up until this year, I've only had sleds with carbs and I'd just shut the gas off and run it till the carbs empty. What are you guys doing with the fuel injection?

jokerman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Wy.
Mixing fuel stable in filling tank up, starting them up couple times a month,have to walk by them all the time,just gives me the itch lol...

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
Fuel stabil....let it run for 20 min then grease everything. Im always working on mine during the summer...there is no offseason really, just fixin' season and breakin' season.

T

TGitt

Feb 16, 2009
Logan, Utah
Hey thanks guys! I'll probably put it away in a few weeks :( I'm going to try to get a couple more rides in. I figure it's better to put it away while nothing's broke!

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Empty gas to 1/4 tank or less add Stabil to gas and run engine for a few minutes, remove airbox and fog each cyl a couple times until smokey. Inspect mag side exhaust valve spring for rust, grease suspension, wiggle all wheels to check for failed bearings,remove drive belt and sand all clutch sheaves then spray down outside of engine with WD-40 if you have a pipe clean it w/wizard

A

augerin

Nov 26, 2007
Granite Falls Wa.
I have heard that staybil doesn't work for schmitt with the new fuel. I used to do exactly what you guy's are saying but this year I am going to run it until it dies. I there any problems getting the fuel system to prime once it has been run dry?

B

benamen

Feb 21, 2008
Western Canada
Try the Stabil Marine formula

STA-BIL 22239 "MARINE" FORMULA 8-OZ, • BEST Ethanol Problem Fighter • Extra Corrosion Protection & Fuel System Cleaning • For Optimal, Everyday Performance & Protection • Recommended to be used at Every Fill Up, Not Just for Seasonal Storage • DOUBLE the Corrosion Preventers in Regular STA-BIL • Over FOUR TIMES the Fuel System Cleaner in Regular STA-BIL • Use in ALL 2 & 4-cycle marine engines, in gasoline, gasoline/oil mixtures and ethanol blends • Also safe to use in ALL stored or infrequently driven collector cars, motorhomes, tractors, snowmobiles, motorcycles, lawnmowers and ALL outdoor power equipment. • One bottle treats up to 80 Gallons for regular everyday usage, STA-BIL recommends for fuel "clean-up" to double the dosage.

Premium Features