• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

stretched Gade

P

papa bear

Nov 26, 2007
Hobart, WA
wifes sled is 05 600 Renegade.

My current sled is an 06 RT 162.....previously had an 04 800/144.

We ride WA Cascades

I like the long track for those really deep days, and whenever I go to Mt Baker. For night rides and playing in the meadows the Gade is really really fun. Riding the trail is hands down easier/more fun on the Gade....I can ride the Gade an honest 15-20 mph faster than a summit on bumpy trails.

Question is: does stretching the 136 Gade to say a 144/151 lose some of the character of the 136 Gade suspension?

HOOTS

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
S.W MN
IMO no. Still works great for bump riding. Some don't like the coupled for mtn riding because they like riding wheelies up the hill & for some jumping its nice to launch w/front end higher but you can get the front end up by adjusting or removing rear block stop & letting limiter straps out. I stretched Gade to 150 & adjusted rear stop to narrow setting, let straps out one & works great. Front end comes off good on launch & usually holds skiis about 3-6" above snow on climbs, right where I like.

Premium Features