• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Straightline Performance 850 Exhaust system

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
arctic 700, I ran it on one of my sleds last year. I was very impressed across the whole power band for a single pipe. I also rode with others that had the same pipe but with different setups (track, clutching, gearing etc), everyone of them I rode with were happy with it. There is more on one of my build write ups that show pics of it installed here: https://www.snowest.com/forum/threads/kreating-khaos-162-extreme-and-other-easy-mods.451157/
Next up Performance: This year I will be running a Strightline Performance Single ceramic coated Pipe and Light Weight (also ceramic coated) muffler. The fit and finish is great, sounds perfect, nice tone at idle and midrange with a nice sound at WOT without the obnoxious bark of some. This combo was throughly tested last year at different elevations with impressive results. Just listen to Eric Woog testifing on how it compared to other single pipes and the new Twins without even using a fuel controller! Eric has been building sleds for the Pros for years and even Matt Entz is going to be running this Straightline Performance Single pipe on his normally aspirated sled! Heaver guage steel so it won't crack like others have while still being lighter than stock (no outside cover and insulation as shown below). You will need to do some simple clutching because it does produce more hp and Torque than stock. The most important aspect of this pipe to me is the responsiveness in the tight technical tree riding.
https://www.facebook.com/100001056939733/posts/2763142433730961?d=n&sfns=mo

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
Glad someone brought this up, I am looking for a tuned exhaust system for my new '21 Khaos as i'd like to loose some weight but so many setups aren't actually performance tuned / tested. I had an SLP stage 2 on my '17 axys and loved the performance but the thing was constantly cracking all over the place. Think I had it re-welded 4 times last year!

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
You HAVE to clutch properly with this pipe, or you will have bog problems.
It sounds good. It feels like it makes some power. Fits OK- not great. Probably wouldn’t buy again myself, but also wouldn’t advise others not to.

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
You HAVE to clutch properly with this pipe, or you will have bog problems.
It sounds good. It feels like it makes some power. Fits OK- not great. Probably wouldn’t buy again myself, but also wouldn’t advise others not to.

Did you find the clutch kit calibrations that they sell to be good? Or still had problems even with those? I have an inquiry off to them asking if they have clutching calibrations for the new QD2 gearing and 165 track and no response yet which I assume means... no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Did you find the clutch kit calibrations that they sell to be good? Or still had problems even with those? I have an inquiry off to them asking if they have clutching calibrations for the new QD2 gearing and 165 track and no response yet which I assume means... no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didnt used their clutching. Home brew that was similar. Steep helix. Stiffer springs.
I’m sure SPIs clutching works well. I think Vohk has their own clutching for it too.

T

Toad face killah

Sep 27, 2010
Lake Almanor, Ca
I am confused. I talked with SLP today and confirmed that they don't yet sell a single pipe for the Polaris 850. Still needs plenty of testing. AM I missing something in this chat? I thought I had to go with just a can for my 850 since there are no other good options for an upgraded single pipe.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I am confused. I talked with SLP today and confirmed that they don't yet sell a single pipe for the Polaris 850. Still needs plenty of testing. AM I missing something in this chat? I thought I had to go with just a can for my 850 since there are no other good options for an upgraded single pipe.

Read the title again.......

Straightline performance inc. (SPI)

Starting Line Products (SLP)

Two totally different companies.

Brish

Lifetime Membership
Sep 24, 2014
I ran a straight line pipe to a starting line can last season and it worked great

Premium Features