• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

stinger size big bore 1200?

A
Oct 3, 2011
Luleå Sweden
I currently have bikeman, SLP, speedwerx and a std for m1000 to measure on, but i dont have big bore, so iam wondering if it has a bigger stinger?
I have heard that the Y-pipe is the same on 1000 and on 1200.
I doubt that the company building the pipes will give me these facts.?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I can't help you with stinger size on the single pipe...but on my 1155 big bore, we used 33mm stingers on the twin pipes and it was very safe and it ran very well.

I say this because one thing to keep in mind...make it a couple mm larger than that smallest safe diameter. You can always mount a bolt in the stinger and put some washers in it...and remove washers the lower elevation or the more you want to push it or take more chances on being closer to the ragged edge.

The idea was run all 5 washers from sea level to 2k feet.
Remove one washer ffor 2-4k feet.
Remove two for 4-6k feet...etc.

I remember learning that each washer removed allowed me to run 2000' lower in elevation without adding more race gas or backing off the timing.

I'll dig up some old pictures of my stinger bolts.

Be on the safe side...you'll save yourself headache and money in the long run.

A
Oct 3, 2011
Luleå Sweden
My new bikeman bigbore pipe has arrived.
When i compare the bikeman 1000 and the bikeman 1200 pipe, they are the same, except the widest part of the pipe is 3cm longer, and the first (thicker) part of the stinger is 3cm shorter.
The outside measurement on both pipestingers are first 54mm then 51mm on the bend and connection to can.
Hope this is understandable.

Premium Features