• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

More power for the N/A

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Under 4000' that linderman bb, walked all over the factory turbo and a sliber kit. Not even close, its very impressive.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
All over b.c. we have 16' at 2000' and 27' at 4000' all mountain riding.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
north west bc. Smithers, terrace, kitimat, stewart. And all mountains in between.

Stimpy97c

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2014
The percent numbers I report are old but I would guess they are relevant today. The two times I heard them, once in 1998 when I was working for Cat, and another in 2005 at skidoo race school. In 1998 at a race somewhere, I went up to Claude Fortin [one of the engineers of the modern rotax piston port engine] and scolded him about skidoo not making the rotary valve anymore. I was quickly put in my place by his conversation back to me, to my face, "inside of the fence" all brands [cat/doo/poo/yam, etc] have to deal with wide range of inputs of use and have a transmission calibration delivered in a general way rather than concentrating on details. The transmission calibration has to be such that there is little to no tuning on the customers part. We do acceleration tests, deceleration tests, sound and exhaust emission testing, etc [and other details I'd have to look in my diary to recall]. "Outside of the fence" we are not responsible for what the aftermarket does. That's where guys like you come in Joe.

[in italics are my words]
And thats about it there eh...??
Clutch Fourteen!

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
You can’t make turbo power with a pipe and head , if you want to get there you need porting or bb , porting, or good porting is one of the cheapest ways to make hp , if you don’t want to pull cylinders, Slp pipe and powder freaks head work great it’s a real tqr monster pipe .

You will never get to turbo power with engine mods no matter what you do. The top end power of a turbo can't be matched. Now bottom end and midrange I would agree.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
It is very expensive, little over 6000 cnd. And needs 94 octane at our elevation.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
clearly there are multiple definitions of "way lighter".
27 extra lbs I am told for the Polaris turbo plus 7 lbs for the S7 gauge with battery and the NA won't need the heavier series 9 track. (another 5-10 lbs?) That all said, I checked the heavy turbo to see if it is worth the weight.

Would be nice if someone who knows the exact weight differences to confirm or deny my numbers.

I don't think aftermarket performance parts/tune would add any weight to the NA if you kept it a NA, likely might see a weight loss.

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
27 extra lbs I am told for the Polaris turbo plus 7 lbs for the S7 gauge with battery and the NA won't need the heavier series 9 track. (another 5-10 lbs?) That all said, I checked the heavy turbo to see if it is worth the weight.

Would be nice if someone who knows the exact weight differences to confirm or deny my numbers.

I don't think aftermarket performance parts/tune would add any weight to the NA if you kept it a NA, likely might see a weight loss.
wish i could get my buddies to get some weights. but 3 guys snowchecked na's coming back from the factory turbos. decided it wasn't worth the extra weight and fuel packing.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
wish i could get my buddies to get some weights. but 3 guys snowchecked na's coming back from the factory turbos. decided it wasn't worth the extra weight and fuel packing.

My G5 turbo is way easier of fuel than my G4 turbo, and I am 180lbs so I am not concerned about the extra weight the turbo has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features