• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Biggest displacement bigbore for Patriot 850

M

MHP

Apr 1, 2022
Norway
What's the biggest possible displacement to get from a Patriot 850. Most big bore kits are roughly 900cc but has anyone tried to push 1000cc +?

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
The fine print at bottom says 970 was tested last season.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Hopefully Polaris started a proper race to larger displacement as people realize that a big bore is fantastic for low end torque and track speed.

Maybe cat will put a 1000 twin in their catalyst sled?!

C
Dec 14, 2020
Hopefully Polaris started a proper race to larger displacement as people realize that a big bore is fantastic for low end torque and track speed.

Until we end back up where the m1 was miserable to ride compared to an m7 because the engine got so heavy to retain reliability.

All the guys I know that have had big bore kits, also have grenaded motors eventually.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
All the guys I know that have had big bore kits, also have grenaded motors eventually.
Hopefully the factory big bores have more sustainable engine life.

Yes weight is a big factor. But compared to turbos the single piped big bore is quite light.

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask

Depends on conditions, elevation and snow in deep pow nothing beats a turbo. Better track speed and hp for days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
I have the Powder Freaks 940 with twin pipes. The sled is so much fun !!!! The midrange has so much torque. And yes I have had lots of turbo sleds. Also my max elevation is 7000 ft. Duane from Powder Freaks put 2500 miles on the 970 last season. After tear done he felt it was getting to thin between the cylinder wall and the gasket so he went down to the 940. On the twin pipe front.. With his tune there is none of the of driveability issues guys are complaining about with the twin pipes. The one con. It is tough to pull over first thing in the morning. Its awesome!!!! Thanks Duane

C
Feb 15, 2009
I have the Powder Freaks 940 with twin pipes. The sled is so much fun !!!! The midrange has so much torque. And yes I have had lots of turbo sleds. Also my max elevation is 7000 ft. Duane from Powder Freaks put 2500 miles on the 970 last season. After tear done he felt it was getting to thin between the cylinder wall and the gasket so he went down to the 940. On the twin pipe front.. With his tune there is none of the of driveability issues guys are complaining about with the twin pipes. The one con. It is tough to pull over first thing in the morning. Its awesome!!!! Thanks Duane
Sledhead9825
Could you reach out to me, i am looking for info on the Power Freaks kit your running.
Thanks, Jim

Premium Features