• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Starting small local goggle company ( DareDevil )

MikeMetzger

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2013
Edmonds Wa
Been testing a ton of goggles this season trying to find 2 solid models that I want to start with, then next fall I'll be launching a small local goggle company focused on the snowmobiling industry and offering a quality product at a price that wont break the bank!

1003610_10152070495196705_1534165053_n.jpg

1920447_10152070506646705_2083664339_n.jpg

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGprUTnPZB8

So this summer Ill be saving my pennies, trying to get everything dialled in for an official 2015 fall launch!

Last edited:

MikeMetzger

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2013
Edmonds Wa
Yeah, I figure obviously if they work great for snowmobiling they will for snowboarding and skiing as well, however the brand will be launched and branded as a sledding brand. Going to be launched very small scale/local, hosting local events/BBQ's etc for our riding community. I've worked in small niche businesses my whole life so I figured this would be something fun to do and cool to be apart of.

MikeMetzger

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2013
Edmonds Wa
Totally, now that Im crazy into the sledding I really want to get a dirtbike for this summer and cruising the mountains!

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
I have a new 509 helmet with the 509 X5 Sinister goggles. Both seem to work OK, but they sure put allot of pressure on my nose. Feels like I have to push my helmet up all day to keep my schnozzer from getting pinched. I have heard the same from other riders as well. Do your goggles address this problem? Do you need any testing done? I can help you out. Shoot me a PM.

MikeMetzger

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2013
Edmonds Wa
I have a new 509 helmet with the 509 X5 Sinister goggles. Both seem to work OK, but they sure put allot of pressure on my nose. Feels like I have to push my helmet up all day to keep my schnozzer from getting pinched. I have heard the same from other riders as well. Do your goggles address this problem? Do you need any testing done? I can help you out. Shoot me a PM.

Thats crazy to hear, you'd think the 509 setup would be the best out there by far. I still need to test out the different models on all the different helmet models etc.

MikeMetzger

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2013
Edmonds Wa
Im really wanting to keep these at a $49.99 retail price for both models. I think by starting with low overhead and my knowledge in LEAN business its something Ill be able to offer, as well as affordable replacement lenses, because no matter how hard I try, I always scratch mine lol

MikeMetzger

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2013
Edmonds Wa
I plan on working over the summer to get my ducks in a row for an official launch which I think I'll do at the snow show. Id really like to have some sick Tee's, Hats, Hoodies etc. That said I should have finished products in a couple weeks. Obviously if someone wanted to purchase them before before hand Id be stoked ;)

ApeSh*tBananas

Premium Member
Dec 14, 2008
Conway
Looks good bro, what lens options will there be? It seems I only get to ride full mirror lens a couple times of year, most the time it's yellow's or clears or blues. You can sign me up for a couple pairs.

MikeMetzger

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2013
Edmonds Wa
Initially I'll probably only have the orange lenses you see above, however as I sell product, all $ is going back into getting more options ordered up. I have been rocking a set of Blue lenses almost all season and really liked them, however the orange helps to brighten things up the dim/darker mountain conditions we normally find ourselves in. But I will make it a priority to order lens options in as soon as possible :rockon:

Last edited:
H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
Mike,

You go brutha--I will be up for a pair with several spare lens!

like you I manage to scratch them somehow:face-icon-small-sho

Just do not do a 509 trick and have no lenses till mid season.

MikeMetzger

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2013
Edmonds Wa
Just placed the order, there goes my savings lol :thumb:
Oh yeah, I plan on ordering in many lenses and in different types. Id really like to have them just as affordable as the compete goggles as Id love to be able to just swap em out when ever without breaking the bank.

I also have a buddy that owns a reeeaaaalllyyyyy cool company that makes beenie style hats with Blue tooth headphones built in. They are mega rad, so Im working with him on getting some DareDevil Models made up.

lovespunlife.jpg

tumblr_n34t7hN0AZ1tqzt5lo1_500.jpg

MikeMetzger

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2013
Edmonds Wa
Ill have to look into the quick strap setup, I've never ran them or set them up so Im not sure what they require in order to be compatible with a set of goggles.

Premium Features