• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

South access parking lot permanently closed at parking lot by Corral bar

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
Land owner closed down this access point.

Anyone know why?

New owner? Rentals? Ironic that Summit rentals move into the corral and the south access gets closed a year later.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
My understanding is that Summit Motorsports has purchased the Corral Bar. Is the property that's closed part of the bar, or separate?

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
I should also clarify, the title of this thread is misleading unless something else has changed more recently.

The Buck Creek parking lot itself is not closed, and you can still ride from the parking lot. There are 2 access points from there, one on the south end that's the main way most people go, and another on the north end behind the ****ter.

Only the south access is closed, the one on the north end of the lot is still open and legal to use. There are orange trail markers to follow and it meets up with the Doe Creek Road a little further North than the other way.

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
I should also clarify, the title of this thread is misleading unless something else has changed more recently.

The Buck Creek parking lot itself is not closed, and you can still ride from the parking lot. There are 2 access points from there, one on the south end that's the main way most people go, and another on the north end behind the ****ter.

Only the south access is closed, the one on the north end of the lot is still open and legal to use. There are orange trail markers to follow and it meets up with the Doe Creek Road a little further North than the other way.

You have just confirmed what my wife says about me is true; I don’t explain myself very well at times. lol Thanks for clarifying.

How is that trail behind the ****ter?

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
You have just confirmed what my wife says about me is true; I don’t explain myself very well at times. lol Thanks for clarifying.

How is that trail behind the ****ter?
It's a little tighter and doesn't get as much snow cover because the trees are so thick, I only really go up it in good snow years

Premium Features