• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sound Regs--Up dated with new info.

G
The thing that peevs me is that CSA SUPPORTED THIS!!!!

For all of the hard work they do to protect our riding areas, they rolled over handed the greenies a pre-sharpened knife to stab us with!

Grrr!
MD.

Hmmm, sounds like they took a page from the NRA's play book

give with one hand take away with another

Anyone here a lawyer? can they legally do this

I can remember the IRS back in the 90's dip checking fuel tanks on diesel pickups which has stop due to the unconstitutionality of it all.

They better have a warrant if they are going to test my sled (if i still had one) as it is considered a vehicle and that is an extension of my home as far as I am concerned.

"Make My Day"

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs

I can remember the IRS back in the 90's dip checking fuel tanks on diesel pickups which has stop due to the unconstitutionality of it all.

They better have a warrant if they are going to test my sled (if i still had one) as it is considered a vehicle and that is an extension of my home as far as I am concerned.

"Make My Day"

Interesting, I didn't consider that angle.

C
Dec 5, 2001
Colorado Springs, CO
BCB - anyone else;

Any information on if you fail - is it a simple ticket and you can still ride or do they force you to trailer/leave? We have modified and tested all of our sleds on concrete in an open garage not at 16' but we are in the 91 range ... so I hope we don't get hit. I'd pay $100 every weekend if it's that simple. :confused:

B

BackCountryBob

Aug 7, 2001
Arvada, Colorado
Pay as you go---you can ride as much as you dare.

If you were 91 on concrete you will probably pass the 88 on snow. You've got one year to deal with it so save up:p

BCB

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
I actually agree with BCB on this, I have a tunnel dump turbo with no muffler and in the Pre-Check they conducted by Columbine during the forum ride last year I came in at 89 DB. This tells me that the law is not that far reaching.

My sled is louder than I'd like it to be and I've got an Idea to help reduce that without a performance loss.I'm going to build a muffler that will weigh about 3 lbs more than the straight pipe and I lost almost 15 lbs over the summer so I'm ahead of the game :D

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
If my sled is registered in a different state do I still have to pass the test....
I'd bet $$ you have to be compliant with CO law to operate your sled in CO if registered out of state. Just like hunting out of state you have to follow that states laws and Ignorance of the law is not an admissible excuse.

In fact I bet the FS would "target" out of state over local as they seem to do with hunters and what not in many places.

P
May 2, 2008
Breckenridge, Co.
Yes you must have a silencer on your rifle as of 10/01/09. This goes for chainsaws, dirt bikes, and mountain bikes as well. Also you may get a ticket if you walk too loud so you should be careful what kind of shoes you wear.;)

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians

"Make My Day"

While I like where your head is, not so much.......

My opinion, leads me to belive they are on solid ground IF they are checking everyone or have some predetermined method (I.E. every other sled, Etc). It falls into the same boat as DUI check points if they are checking everyone.

Last I checked, kebler pass is a county road and the usfs has an easement on it. Unless you leave the road, I question the usfs jurisdiction for such tests.

Dual jurisdictions ! :mad:

Anyone curious, I checked with SLP and thier products (Era 2007) all meet the new requirments. And if they want to jack me around I have a backup plan under the seat (Steelwool) !

Last edited:

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
BCB - anyone else;

Any information on if you fail - is it a simple ticket and you can still ride or do they force you to trailer/leave? We have modified and tested all of our sleds on concrete in an open garage not at 16' but we are in the 91 range ... so I hope we don't get hit. I'd pay $100 every weekend if it's that simple. :confused:

Or you could go to court with a stack of variables that prove that they CANNOT perform an accurate test in an open environment like that. I know a guy that could provide such info to you.:D:D

Anybody else know this young fellow?;);)

A
BCB...thanks for looking into if out of state sleds will be required to be compliant as well. I think my current sled would pass, but if registering it out of state makes me exempt I will just go that route to avoid being bothered.

Premium Features