• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

So I was in Metro Town mall,,,

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
L

Linc

Nov 17, 2002
Pemberton
www.visionms.ca
with my teenage daughter and my wife and there's this young kid outside the front door looking cold and strung out,asking for food,not money,he just wanted someone to buy him something to eat.So I told him to come in and I'd buy him something,( I won't give money )he told me he wasn't allowed in,so I went in and bought a burger meal and and a coke and took to him,,,when he saw me coming with the food,,,it was very cool to see someone really need something as simple as a burger.I gave him the burger and and I swear he grew 8 inches taller,it was as if he could take on the world,he walked away saying thank you and "God bless" with a big smile as he sat down to prolly best meal he's had in while.It got me,cause he's probably the same age as my daughter,and a bad judgement in his life,is likely the ruin of his life.

So look after your kids,they're your best choice to your future and fondest memory of your past.

D

dragon12

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Better yet you led by example. Your daughter probably learned an extremely valuable lesson. It only takes one bad decision to ruin your life for years. Now she will probably go on to do something nice for another person in need. Classic case of pass it on. Nice job.

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
The first time I saw some one my own age living on the street (I was 22) it realy got to me. Sure made me re-think my life.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
I have thought of this many times before, how little it would take for any of us to be kicked to the street without the support of family or friends during hard times.

D

dragon12

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Just think, you may have changed somones life by buying them lunch. Hopefully he goes on to do something with his life and get back on track.

Did your talk with you daughter include the "If you bring home a boy like this, Daddy will be spending lots of time in the Big House" speech?

Nov 27, 2007
Laramie, WY
that was pretty cool of you.....most people would probably of just kept on walking......that had to make you feel pretty good about yourself after that

Last edited:
H
Jan 28, 2004
Did your talk with you daughter include the "If you bring home a boy like this, Daddy will be spending lots of time in the Big House" speech?

While he may not have been the most fortunate person in life and have it rough it could be way worse. This man was asking for food, rather than money so he could go buy drugs/alcohol. Give the guy some credit.

D

dragon12

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
While he may not have been the most fortunate person in life and have it rough it could be way worse. This man was asking for food, rather than money so he could go buy drugs/alcohol. Give the guy some credit.

You are probably right, I should give him credit for asking for food and not money. I have very little tolerance for people with drug problems as it is a decision they chose to make. Some, however, make a decision to clean up their lives and those are the ones I have respect for. This kid is hopefully one of the ones wanting to change.

Premium Features