• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

So, anyone blow an 084 yet?

akMcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
Just lost my first belt at 620 miles. I pulled a string.

I wish I could get 620 miles out of a belt. For me about 500 miles is all Ive ever got out of a belt on any sled since I started riding the mountains. Total baloney that I can't get 100 miles out of the belt cat recommends "083" for my sled. Its got to be a belt problem 5 in the first 300 miles and then ran the next 400 on an 020 until my helix bolts broke and ruined my secondary...and then I blew my chaincase apart the next ride. Maybe a new secondary and the 084 will help the problem.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
Causes for continuous grenading of belts...

1. Engine Mounts not tightened
2. Clutching alignment off

These two are the main issues, if you rode long enough you will start to show some wear on your drive clutch. The one issue our shop had with a unit blowing belts was fixed by warranty covered clutch replacement. Sled rides with out complaint now...

Log your belts blowing and take to dealer. 0627-084 is not the fix, do all the factory mandated updates and in the rare case the Primary will need to be replaced.

-:face-icon-small-coo

Sorry, its just not that simple.

S

snodad

Jan 5, 2008
The 084 runs a bunch cooler for me (at least for the first ride). I can now hold my hand on the belt or clutch after making a climb.

The snow was very light and not super deep but with the 083 it didn't seem to matter; the clutches and belt got so hot you could only keep your hand on them for a few seconds.

FYI, sled is set up with the factory 3-6000ft setup.

Snodad

C

CO_MapMaker

Dec 3, 2007
Colorado
Put 75 miles on 084 yesterday.

Wierd, this belt gets hotter, but secondary was way cooler.

Hottest readings:

Primary: 125-130
Secondary: 100

BELT: 170

Premium Features