• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

snowmobile modification

L
Dec 5, 2022
france
Hi,

I live in France, and there are not many snowmobiles and dealerships, I would like to know what should be modified on my arctic cat 2014 m8000 ltds es 155 snowmobile to be able to perform mountain jumps without breaking the tunnel and the rails etc ...
a friend that mountain snowmobiles are not made for jumps and that you need a snowcross snowmobile like polaris 600 r for example.
jmais I see that some do mountain jumps so if you can help me

Thank you so much

L
Dec 5, 2022
france
Hi,

I live in France, and there are not many snowmobiles and dealerships, I would like to know what should be modified on my arctic cat 2014 m8000 ltds es 155 snowmobile to be able to perform mountain jumps without breaking the tunnel and the rails etc ...
a friend that mountain snowmobiles are not made for jumps and that you need a snowcross snowmobile like polaris 600 r for example.
But I see that some in mountain jumps so if you can help me

Thank you so much

C
Nov 29, 2008
Many riding areas in France? Would think much is privately held ...

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

L
Dec 5, 2022
france
ok thank you i will post elsewhere.
In france we only have the right to pay dearly when we own an alpine chalet.
I just wanted to know, what to modify to perform jumps with a mountain machine without breaking everything
THANKS

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Mine was a real answer.
We jump and drop them with little modification, mostly personal preference adjustments for mountain jumping.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
We run only anti stab in front, one set mid and rears. Original rails.
Seen all mfg style rails break at some point.
If you’re truly Mtn jumping your rails will hold up.
It’s rocks, logs, stadium style hard pack jumps that’ll break the rails.

You’re more likely to destroy rails on a whooped out hammer trail than a jump or drop.

L
Dec 5, 2022
france
last question after I stop bothering you?.
can I do snocross with a Sks 146 or assault model or do I have to take a special snowcross machine?
thank you for your answers, can explain in France

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
I'd get iceage bomber rails, cat rails are insanely fragile. Maybe some B&M fab running boards too, they'll hold up better than stock in the long run. Or wait til the stock ones start to bend and replace them then.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
remove the es and get a non-es seat and tank and replace the muffler with something lighter

Premium Features