• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow report

S

sweidall

Oct 9, 2012
Looking to head out west somewhere this Thursday and ride this upcoming weekend.. Any updates on the snow? Where to go? Coming from MN, so i could go anywhere from Montana, Wyoming to Colorado. Any help greatly appreciated..

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
For forcasts try opensnow.com to get quick stuff for the States ski areas.

Then if you find something you like at opensnow, go to NOAA and zeroed in on a riding area with more detail.

Ain't been out to know how things are holding up, if that's what you're asking?

S
Mar 6, 2015
Iowa
We just got back on Sunday from Grand Lake, CO. The trail going up to the top was about 12-18 inch base. The base at the top was reported to be 35-58 inches. The riding up top was great however; not a ton of powder. They got a few inches on Thursday night, which freshened it up a bit. Being a flatlander myself, and it being my first trip to the mountains, I really appreciated the great trails and the opportunity to ride the sides of the mountains without getting killed in 3 feet of powder however; a little more powder to practice in, might have been nice.
We had to trailer from the town to a staging area called Idleglen. The lot was a muddy mess. We just backed our trailer to the trail and dropped the sleds there and loaded them the same way. There was plenty of snow all the way up the mountain. By the time we were done at the end of the day, the last mile or so coming back down had a few slushy spots. It gets cold enough at night to freeze everything back up at night. Check Grand Lake Trailgroomers on FB to see if they are getting any extra snow to freshen things up. Good luck.
The town itself is pretty sweet. Great food.

M

mt.aero

Nov 14, 2011
Steamboat
Capulin is right on. Watch opensnow.com and noaa.gov. Your guess is as good as ours at this point.

Snow in the north of Colorado is deteriorating fast as I assume most of the state likely is. It's been in the 50s-60s in the mountains here

D

doudea

Sep 20, 2009
Western Slope
Drove over lizard head pass on Monday and the snow didn't look good. I would say the same for the south as the north, what snow we have is going fast. Just too hot right now.

Premium Features