• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP turbo pipe

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
If that's the one that Williamson designed and SLP stamps, we ran that on ours. It seemed to work good but we never ran anything for comparison....it is heavy gauge and supposedly makes more power.

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
Less prone to splitting welds, yes. More power, I highly doubt it's noticeable. Does it come with the OVS style connections at the grafoil donuts? That would be something worth the xtra coin.

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
INDEEP. I believe it comes with everything you said.......everyone I have talked with said they make a noticeable difference in power.

Eric. Interesting.......I have heard they are stamped and thicker.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I am just a beginer in the turbo deal, but one question.... and maybe my question has some flaws in its theory...

In most turbo theory, the back pressure doesnt matter........ So why would a aftermarket pipe help? I know some of the stock pipes have a "stinger" inside them. Do the 800's? and SLP is doing a gutted version of the stock pipe? That would make a difference.

I know my 700 pipe was empty, and we thought it would be a waste to go with a aftermarket.

Last edited:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I was told that the dimensions of the pipe are changed to work better with the additional RPM and the additional heat associated with a turbo. They also recomend wrapping this particular pipe.
As for SLP denying making them I can't tell you, we got ours from OVS and this is what we were told. This was back in November. I don't believe it can be bought through SLP, perhaps this is what they are referring to??

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
i know jack has been running one on his sled the last few months and will be offering it w/ his kits. he seems to think their the real deal... most likely will be adding one to mine this summer. he had his ceramic coated black though.. no wrap

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Yes, ours was black ceramic and the guy who designed the pipe specifically told us it really needs to be wrapped also. Will also keep it from melting stuff under the hood.

Premium Features