• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP single pipe 850 Matryx

mrooks17

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2021
Ohio
I haven't seen or heard any real world feedback on the Bikeman single pipe either. FWIW

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
If there were meaningful gains from aftermarket pipes on these engines they'd be boasting about the HP gains. Other than the SLP twins, I've seen no such claims.

So, if there isn't a problem, why fix it? The market decides. Maybe poo truly did a great job on the stock y pipe, single and can!

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I bought a BMP pipe and can for my AXYS back in 2019 when nobody else had them out yet. Had it 2 years on the AXYS 850 and a year on the Matryx 850. I can't say it did anything amazing (16 hp) and I never dyno'd it, but seat of the pants felt like I got a little something out of it. No issues or codes. I'd probably just go with a Diamond-S can for weight if I did it again.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I had two friends who one used the bikeman single the other the SPI. Both thought it was a little better on the bottom and mid range. Zero top end gain.

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
I received my carls pipe in the mail a few days ago. Paired with my diamond S can should make a good combo.
I can't find any info on the Carl's pipe. Do you get more horse, is it lighter. Do you need a new ecu flash. Thanks

armey37

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2008
Richland,WA
I can't find any info on the Carl's pipe. Do you get more horse, is it lighter. Do you need a new ecu flash. Thanks
It’s half the weight compared to stock per my home scale. Carls said “weight saving, little more top end and mid range Hp” Stinger is a little longer. Garage dyno sounds a little (tone) deeper. I will report back after my first ride. No ecu flash needed.

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
It’s half the weight compared to stock per my home scale. Carls said “weight saving, little more top end and mid range Hp” Stinger is a little longer. Garage dyno sounds a little (tone) deeper. I will report back after my first ride. No ecu flash needed.
I'll definitely have to look into that. Between that, helium hood and diamond s can. Would be a great combo, do you have a link to the pipe. Thanks

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
I'll definitely have to look into that. Between that, helium hood and diamond s can. Would be a great combo, do you have a link to the pipe. Thanks
Very nice! if you don't mind me asking. How much did it cost

Premium Features