• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo drive belt

C
Apr 10, 2016
Anyone running drive belts other than stock? I found the gboost dbsd383ex belts on sale for 80 bucks wondering if anyone has ran them or any other belts on their turbo sleds and had good luck. Thanks

D
Dec 22, 2018
Anyone running drive belts other than stock? I found the gboost dbsd383ex belts on sale for 80 bucks wondering if anyone has ran them or any other belts on their turbo sleds and had good luck. Thanks

That 383ex belt is comparable to Carlisle Ultimax xs821. They have a lot more grip than stock belt. This means that you need to lighten your clutch. Easiest way is to go for lighter pivot bolt 38mm->26mm. If this isn't enough, you need go up with your primary spring too with 50lbs. Just make sure engine will hit 8000-8100 and it will be ok.

Personally I feel these belts are good for trail riding and crossover riding but not for deep snow. Because of heavy grip, throttle response gets slower no matter what you do. But in trail riding you will might like that heavier feel of pull.

T
Jan 13, 2013
I cant speak for the particular belt you are talking about but I only run OEM belts now. I used to always run Dayco or other brands because of price and warranty but I blew a couple belts a season. Now I only run OEM and I changed mine at 1000 very hards kms last year before it blew up. The OEM ones are expensive but imo not worth saving a few bucks. Plus when you blow a OEM belt the clean up is pretty easy compared to aftermarket belts at least from my experiences

Premium Features