• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP Head on Xp PLEASE HELP!!!

B
Jan 21, 2003
So I recently purchased a SLP 6000-8000ft head, and installed in on my 08 xp. The instructions said to re-jet and go up one size on the main, but since I usually ride between 7000 and 11000ft I didn't think it needed to be re-jetted. I talked to a few dealers and a few others who have done heads, and they said the same thing no need to re-jet. SO HERE IS MY PROBLEM I went riding the other day and everything seemed good down low (about 8000ft) I continued to check plugs all the way up the mountain, and they looked perfect. We climbed into a bowl where we were playing, and I stopped on a little bit of an incline pointing down hill(not much of an incline) when I took off I made it about 50ft and then the sled died....it fouled a plug(note the other xp in the group did not. I changed plugs, the sled ran great. I continued to play some more, did a carve in the powder, and when I stood the sled back up on its skies, it fouled another plug. SO HERE IS MY QUESTION TO YOU has anyone else had problems with an SLP head on there xp? I talked to another buddy and explained my problem and said he hasn't heard of anyone making a head work on an xp without putting 2 gaskets under each cylinder. He said the xp wants to compensate for the fuel. The dealers say they have never had a problem. What do you guys say, and what have your experiences been?

Thanks for your help

Premium Features