• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

>>Ski-Doo 850 Summit-X: First Ride Impressions

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Try the Legend ZX-2SR oil... you'll like the smell... AND the protection that this oil gives you. One of the best on the market... and yes, I pay full price for this stuff and buy it just like everyone else ....Now, get out the popcorn... :popcorn:

http://www.legendperformance.com/products-page-2/2stroke/zx-2sr/

That is EXACTLY what Steve Janes told me at the SnoShow in Boise.
Then in the very next breath he said that was probably NOT the best oil for the 850.

I think i will just try the Candle in the Garage

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Christopher...

Do you have your MPI turbo kit(s) in hand yet and waiting to install?

Have you begun the installation process of an MPI kit on any of your 3 G4-850's?

Your other posts alluded to the point that you would be getting the first kits off the line??

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
For those that want to read what Jorli had to say, here are his comments.
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4005427&postcount=73

In all honesty I suspect Item #8 has a HUGE impact on his overall impression of the sled and of the corporation behind it.

But you can clearly see we had very different experiences on the sled.

I don't think that statement is fair. I know Jorli a little bit and he would not let his feelings about Bombardier lead him to give a dishonest review as of a few days ago Whistler received 6.75' of snow the previous 7 days so I assume he was riding them in the deep not trail riding.
Some of the reason people are afraid to give honest reviews on here is because they are attacked like you subtlety did to Jorli.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
I don't think that statement is fair. I know Jorli a little bit and he would not let his feelings about Bombardier lead him to give a dishonest review as of a few days ago Whistler received 6.75' of snow the previous 7 days so I assume he was riding them in the deep not trail riding.
Some of the reason people are afraid to give honest reviews on here is because they are attacked like you subtlety did to Jorli.

But he just had to add that in there didn't he? If he had left that out his rant would have been a lot more believable.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Try the Legend ZX-2SR oil... you'll like the smell... AND the protection that this oil gives you. One of the best on the market... and yes, I pay full price for this stuff and buy it just like everyone else ....Now, get out the popcorn... :popcorn:
http://www.legendperformance.com/products-page-2/2stroke/zx-2sr/

ZX-2SR

ZX-2SR is an advanced ultra-high performance racing 2-cycle lubricant. Specially formulated for oil injection systems or pre-mix applications at a 50:1 ratio.

ZX-2SR is the acknowledged leader in hybrid lubricant technology.

ZX-2SR exceeds API TC, ISO-L-EGD and JASO FC+ specifications.

ZX-2SR is a blend of the finest mineral base stocks “chemically infused” with nano-molecular additive technology.

ZX-2SR is a “balanced” hybrid racing formulation containing select chemical components designed to outperform the most expensive synthetics.

Extensive laboratory and race track testing has proven ZX-2SR to provide maximum engine protection regardless of temperature or rpm.

ZX-2SR with “C.B.T.” Clean Burn Technology provides complete combustion leaving virtually no exhaust valve residue. Engines remain internally clean and produce maximum power output due to ZX-2SR's advanced chemistry profile. ZX-2SR provides the ultimate protection against piston seizure, premature wear, power valve sticking and corrosion utilizing superior proprietary additives.

Compatible with all mineral or synthetic-blend oils. ZX-2SR is 100% smokeless (post-warm-up) and exceeds all manufacture warranty requirements for snowmobiles, personal watercraft, marine/outboards, motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles specifying a API TC, TC-W3, JASO FC+ or ISO-L-EGD two-cycle lubricant. ZX-2SR was developed to exceed the stringent 2006 and newer engine manufactures specifications for detergency and deposits.

Highly recommended for all variable exhaust valve engines in recreational or race applications.

Continued use of LEGEND ZX-2SR:

• Eliminates plug fouling, carbon deposits and ring sticking due to ZX-2SR's ashless polymeric formulation
  • Extends engine life and provides maximum protection regardless of temperature or rpm
  • Maintains power valve cleanliness and free valve movement reducing maintenance intervals
  • Dramatically improves idle quality and throttle response
  • Compatible with all mineral or synthetic blend oils
  • 100% smokeless, distinctive “Racing Castor” scent
  • Outperforms modern synthetics with “C.B.T”- Clean Burn Technology
  • Tested to -50 degrees below zero (F)
Use ZX-2SR where maximum engine protection, cleanliness and performance are vital!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher...

Do you have your MPI turbo kit(s) in hand yet and waiting to install?

Have you begun the installation process of an MPI kit on any of your 3 G4-850's?

Your other posts alluded to the point that you would be getting the first kits off the line??

Target date was December 1st, but I have not spoken to Mac at MPI in the last couple days.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
But he just had to add that in there didn't he? If he had left that out his rant would have been a lot more believable.
It was just my personal oppinion, but the last little comment overshadowed and "colored" everything else he said.

But I wrote to him and invited him to go right ahead and start up a brand new thread dealing with his thoughts about the industry.

I just asked him to keep THIS THREAD on topic and not to use it as a platform to attack BRP. But I made it very clear he was more than welcome to do so in his own dedicated thread.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Sled reviews are always a tricky deal...SOOO many variables to consider...i.e, snow conditions, elevations, terrain, style of rider, etc. I am grateful for the reviews I've read on here...most are from average guys that are passionate about the sport that I love!

...the "PROS" of the world, and those that get free garb, are the reviews that I take with a LARGE grain of salt! Yes I read them, but know that there is an alternative message regarding their message....

...now a review from someone that doesn't 'like BRP regarding other issues, is almost better than by a sponsored rider's review! He aint going to piss on your leg and tell you it's raining!

...that being said, I didn't see anything on his dislikes that was a "game changing" reason to not ride that sled!

Ace

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Hay Chris will you adopt me,i need a new sled and i can be good company.:face-icon-small-hap
And that is kind of why I am considering the 4th sled.
There always seems to be one guy that wants to come riding and doesn't have a sled.

Was thinking about getting a nice 600, but the more I think about it, I REALLY like the 850 and it might just make more sense to have all matching sleds parts/support/mod wise..

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Or just let the one cheap skate RENT a sled. That way you don't have maintain the 4th one or get stuck fixing it went the other guys breaks something, but since he's a cheap skate won't pay for parts or help fix it.

Hewhospends

Lifetime Membership
Feb 23, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Might not be for me.

First ride out I must say its not comfortable to me. Coming off a 16 m8000 162"x3", and my first impression is that I'm glad I have my Cat to fall back on, and will likely spend more time on it instead of the Doo this winter. Maybe I'm impatient but I feel after the first ride that I've waisted my money.

Last edited:

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
First ride out I must say its not comfortable to me. Coming off a 16 m8000 162"x3", and my first impression is that I'm glad I have my Cat to fall back on, and will likely spend more time on it instead of the Doo this winter. Maybe I'm impatient but I feel after the first ride that I've waisted my money.

...be easy to sell it.

Ace

Hewhospends

Lifetime Membership
Feb 23, 2012
Eatonville, WA
For me it doesn't hold an edge like the Cat or Axys. In fact it doesn't feel a whole lot different than my XM... seems unpredictable. Definitely has smooth power, and good fit and finish. I should probably give it a little more time before I pawn it off on Chris.

Premium Features