• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Simmons Gen 3 skis

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
I guess I should have looked at it better, the keel design probably wouldn't work for the Hawk, being that they are not the same length. I did like the Idea of the 8" wide rather than the 10" but I'll stick with the genII for now. It works GREAT for my application and I am very happy with your product.

I know for a fact that there are a few prototype skis floating around that have equal length keels - I own a pair. You may be able to pick one up, match the carbides from side to side, (they were different from side to side for sleds) and be good to go! It is a sweet design, and works flawlessly!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Yeah, mine are the same length carbides.

I wonder if I can get upgraded skegs to meet production specs.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
picture.php

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Yeah, now that I look closer at the pic posted way up above...(and Christopher's pic) I see the keel is shorter as well.

Hmmm.

Well, I have a unique set then, eh!!

Better than just using the belly pan.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I heard a little rumor these skis probably won't be seen until December. Wonder if it's true LOL

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
I heard a little rumor these skis probably won't be seen until December. Wonder if it's true LOL

The wait will be worth it if it is true! I have a set of the GenIII protos and they are hands down the best ski I've used in deep powder.

The latest change in design shows the Simmons Team is listening to their customers and are updating a running change to the GenIII design to improve the steering and turning radius of the ski.

akrevrider

M
Feb 15, 2010
Montana
Simmons Gen 3

Had a chance to test out the new Simmons Gen 3 Skis this past weekend. They made my dragon ride a lot better, the 8 inch width made it very stable on the trail, carving through the new powder in Halfway was a blast, they make a good sled float even better. Fast or slow the skis reacted very well in every situation. I am looking forward to more testing this weekend.I think they have hit on the perfect balance in the width of the skis. Thanks Val & Michele for giving me the chance to test them out.

When will the Gen 3 skis be available, and how much for a pair???

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
They should be going into production right about NOW.
Hope to see them shipping in the next couple weeks at long last.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Any updates on these yet? I know we were hearing Dec 10th, but other than that all has been quiet.

I am hoping to buy a pair of these soon!

97exc

Dec 14, 2008
CO
How well would these work on "older' technology sleds? We have a 01 Mountain Cat and a 98 Summit that could use upgraded skis. The MC has A-arm suspension but the Summit is trailing arm. Just wondering if the skis are over-engineered for these old suspension designs?

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
How well would these work on "older' technology sleds? We have a 01 Mountain Cat and a 98 Summit that could use upgraded skis. The MC has A-arm suspension but the Summit is trailing arm. Just wondering if the skis are over-engineered for these old suspension designs?

these skiis work great on any sled. you will love them

Premium Features