• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shorter Brake Lever - "Short Stop Pro"

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Dear Polaris:
All the time you spend getting a super lightweight sled and you leave this monstrosity of a brake lever/reservoir on the handle bars. Time to put on a lightweight mountain bike type reservoir/lever on the sled. Shorter throw, and save at least 1 lb and as you can see people want it!
Please and thank you.

D
Nov 16, 2011
Having broken my brake lever before, Id opt to stick with the stock polymer. There should be a weakest link in that system, and with an alum. lever, it becomes the mount.

R
Oct 6, 2012
Denver, CO
Hey guys, thanks for the interest. I've received lots of interest on these but I'm having trouble getting the parts run. My buddy has been pretty busy at work lately and I don't want to leave anyone on the hook. We have a couple orders now that have taken way too long to send out... That's the last thing I want to happen so we will try to run a large batch of these in the next week or so on a slower day and I will post back. I'm thinking the price will be around $45+ s/h if everything goes well.

aeYNIiX0tqhLyz-4GFE8Q_fnc0EAhFDW2jp6nQFDDqU=w276-h207-p-no
kl6gngXFbJiKMy3pC8JXyFQFOkZjxHaRqoz92azRHzw=w276-h207-p-no
zWei59QaN4_m-lUNrEo_vakhD_dvhxdWqM4-tPpHbjA=w155-h207-p-no
0dt3fbhhYuBvltsor4YV9d2NeJHfemLGU6oALlo8Cho=w155-h207-p-no
OZoU3ZC34Odn79fRmHl7STfVA2TPI4zJ9ALROdnrVKo=w155-h207-p-no

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
I'll add my 2 cents because I think you're doing it wrong. You get more leverage with your finger at the end of the lever, not where you have 2 fingers. Plus you should only have one finger - less fatigue, more control. The pic you show is the classic death grip on the brakes which isn't needed with the power of these hydraulics. Check AMP's short reach design which makes use of leverage. If you shortened the lever and made the outer notch more even with the first notch (from the bars) then you'd have it right. I think the outer notch would work fine for one-finger since the position is limited with how far inboard you can move the reservoir. Less lever sticking out = less chance for catching on branches too. Hope I didn't come of as being too harsh but just trying to help improve your design which has real potential, just needs a slight tweak.

Have FUN!

G

AMP-7019.jpg

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I got tired of waiting and just bought half dozen of the AMP levers. Very happy with them, I prefer the Black Hard Anodized ones directly from AMP rather than the Tricked Toys reworked, powder coated and raw aluminum.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I like the looks of the short reach AMP lever. I looked on their site. I only seen one for the Arctic Cat. Is it universal ?

Both Arctic Cat and Polaris use nearly the same Hayes master cylinder. The major difference is the mount; the removable portion of the Polaris split clamp mount is on the top. The removable portion of the Arctic Cat split clamp mount is on the bottom.

The lever portion of both Hayes Master Cylinders is identical.
So yes we are buying the AMP lever that is marketed as an Arctic Cat upgrade.

Premium Features