• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Setup tips for yz250x with 2019 camso

New to the snowbike thing and looking for some setup tips. I have a 17 yz250x with a 19 camso kit. I'm wondering about the SSS forks, they're pretty soft great for the woods but as a snowbike should I change to thicker oil, or add some? Just wondering if anyone has yammy experience that could shed some light on the situation.

S
Sep 18, 2018
Setting up a 2 stroke Yamaha as well with SSS forks, not any actual experience, but my research has brought me to buying Air-Pro. If i have to i will run stiffer springs this year, if this set up does not work well i will be buying a used set of forks and sending them to brockstar performance next year.

FYI..my sss forks are valved for harescramble races with 160lbs springs. They are pretty soft.

Hope this helps!

Schwany31 thanks, I keep hearing good things about the airpro, may very well have to go down that road. I have the stock valving and springs in the x, I'm 155 and it's pretty much dailed in for tight single track techy stuff. Does it seem worth while to find another set of forks to set up for the frosty runs or am I pissing in the wind there. I really like how everything works the rest of the year and dont want to mess with too much. And just throwing this out there lol stealhy 13oz. flywheel weight on the x is a huge plus, night and day difference down low.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
We run an 18 with a yz250... I went with heated handlebars, lectron, Pst heater and intake, engine jacket(carb kept freezing causing the throttle to stick if not), Evans coolant , stat, polisport light, egt, ported cylinder , rk Tek head with Snowbike insert, full procircuit , boyseen Reed's, single ring piston...

Out if this the musts are jacket, carb heat and intake...for me heated handlebars... The rest just makes it scream...

As far as skid, we dropped the rear rod a qaurter inch past the original set up... Front forks are 1/8 inch from the top down in the clamp. I have the rear set on the softest setting ... .62 springs ....airpro is good also...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Majority of the time it is not an issue unless you are in big deep fluffy engine covering powder for the entire ride.. mainly because the engine will not get warm enough to melt the snow entirely and freezes around the carb sxs has one for the bike... It's worked well. See in picture... Last year we never had a ton of snow and it was never a problem... But when it does happen it's super frustrating...
e6de843a25815fe7ac9e254fe17876c6.jpg
70af9bdfe4727377e7f20fd88fb0cd01.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Haven't made an engine cover yet but I have an old blue crazy carpet that's going to get chopped up to keep the snow out, I did have to customize a couple things mind you. The kick stand stud for the spring on the foot peg base hit the side guard, so slight clearance via grinder is necessary and the giant hole on the bottom of the airbox is totally open when the rear mud flap is removed so a piece of plastic was cut and bent and bolted in place covered nicely now. The bushings provided in the fit kit are really snug and take some wiggling to get in place, I had to take 5 thou off the inside bushing on the chain side. All in all very satisfied with the new camso.

Premium Features