• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Running board snow eliminators

A
Mar 17, 2011
I have an 05 summit that I am tired of having snow and ice buildup in the running boards. I am trying to decide which brand to go with...snow eliminator, better boards, WRP, other? Any thoughts or opinions would be great, thanks!

K

kbl6z

Mar 8, 2009
auburn,wa
I had snow eliminators on my 04 and they worked really well. Now have better boards on my 08 and love them. You cant go wrong with any of them in my opinion.

P
Jan 26, 2012
Spokane WA
Plastic boards are the new rave. They are made out of a material simular to a belly pan (snow dont stick) and is stronger then a skid plate material. The fu boards have stainless mounting hardware and it adds as your traction. Had them on my xp and will have them on every other sled i own. heres a pic of my xp

xp boards.jpg

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129505 here is an older post about them.

Last edited:
S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
Plastic boards are the new rave. They are made out of a material simular to a belly pan (snow dont stick) and is stronger then a skid plate material. The fu boards have stainless mounting hardware and it adds as your traction. Had them on my xp and will have them on every other sled i own. heres a pic of my xp

Hmmm....the only issue I see with those is they provide no added strength to the already weak oem board.

I like the XXX Monster boards. Really stiffens up the boards and powder coated for snow shedding.

Runningboards1-1.jpg

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
05 summit. Here is my wide boards. Love them.
20111027_181849.jpg

72b84416.jpg

0307SkiDooRevSeat012.jpg

A
Mar 17, 2011
Hmmm....the only issue I see with those is they provide no added strength to the already weak oem board.

I like the XXX Monster boards. Really stiffens up the boards and powder coated for snow shedding.
I have looked at the xxx monster boards some and they seem to be one of the better options as far as strengthening up the running boards goes, which is definitely something I am looking for. My oem boards are already bent some.

I

IdahoMike

Feb 3, 2006
Hailey, Idaho
I'm currently installing the Better Boards on my 06 Rev. I installed a pair last year on the wifes 09 XP & really liked them. I really like the looks of those WRP boards but they're twice the money & a lot more to installing them.

P1060900.jpg

P
Jan 26, 2012
Spokane WA

Xp oem boards were worse then the revs imo for weakness and i ran 2 seasons on my xp (i weigh 235) and have had no issues.

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
I'm currently installing the Better Boards on my 06 Rev. I installed a pair last year on the wifes 09 XP & really liked them. I really like the looks of those WRP boards but they're twice the money & a lot more to installing them.

You don't have to do the wide boards. Keep in mind WRP has the standard inserts too at market price.

L
Nov 24, 2010
I have the black coated betterboards on my 04 800 and so far they have made a huge dif.. I have not tried the other brands but the betterboards seem pretty nice. Install was kind of a pain but in the end well worth a couple hours.

P

Prybar

Mar 8, 2011
Anchorage, AK
Another vote for the Monster Boards. I love mine. The sled does still collect some ice at the rear of the boards where the factory drop brackets are. I rarely go that far back so it isn't an issue but it adds some weight. The wide boards would keep this from happening.

Premium Features